Req #: 1800007M_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 1/8/2018 12:52:07 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing routing software database maintenance with input from facility management.
- Assign motor vehicles and drivers to convey freight according to such factors as length of trip, freight requirements and use preference.
- Run vehicle routing software routes daily for responsible regions to prepare daily delivery schedules. Develop daily private fleet routes and/or loads cost effectively utilizing a private fleet or third part logistics. Schedules alternate freight transportation when necessary.
- Performs a variety of traffic activity including the audit of freight bills, preparing and negotiating claims, and selecting and recommending carriers.
- Prepare and distribute daily paperwork for drivers to field operations contacts.
- Interact with customer service on deliveries with special shipping instructions, short lead times, returns, and redeliveries.
- Obtain POD's from carriers, coordinate reships and returns.
Qualifications for this role
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have independent self direction.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, use problem-solving skills, and make decisions.
- Must have good working knowledge of PC.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.