Supply Chain Planner
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
The position is accountable for managing all aspects of supply planning for a specified portfolio of key products within Baxter’s Canada’s supply chain. This role will be responsible for process improvement solutions to solve operational and business inefficiencies by using analytical and process improvement methodologies, implementing and managing a framework that maximizes customer service by optimizing average working capital and overall supply chain costs.
• Ensure customer service target of 98%+ is maintained at optimized inventory levels by procuring supply to meet the demand plan, creating purchase orders and tracking through receipt.
• Provides analysis to identify opportunities for improved supply utilization, standardization, and process improvement; evaluates findings and makes recommendations.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Demand Planning to synchronize all supply processes for Baxter Canada’s Global Business Unit and other key strategic product families.
• Communicates portfolio supply requirements to appropriate domestic and international manufacturing sites to ensure supply constraints and costs are expeditiously mitigated and communicated appropriately.
• Provides leadership and leads communication to all international supply points/plants ensuring optimized supply plans, MPS and finished good replenishment schedules.
• Development and execution of short and mid-term purchasing plans including PO creation.
• Determine and report appropriate supply chain parameters such as Available to Promise and customer backorder trends and patterns with supporting strategies for improvement.
• Complete portfolio lifecycle management ensuring financial risk mitigation.
• Builds and maintains constructive relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners / suppliers, Baxter Canada and Baxter International functions including manufacturing, sales, marketing, quality assurance, finance, manufacturing and regulatory affairs that impact portfolio,
• Analyze, establish and maintain planning inputs, including product lead-times, safety stock targets, production minimums, economic order quantities, ROP’s etc. and initiate actions to optimize all contributing variables with site production plans to ensure execution of the MRP and urgent customer issues.
Metric and Financial Management
• Report weekly and monthly inventory metrics accompanied with strategic and tactical actionable recommendations to optimize customer service and inventory performance.
• Develops portfolio annual budget in collaboration with Manager Supply Planning and other appropriate business partners; provides monthly updates and reports.
• Collaboratively develop and manage portfolio metrics dashboard.
• Maintain portfolio working capital (inventory investment) within established targets.
Process Management & Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Provide monthly S&OP support and also backorder management process leadership & support.
• Support the development and implement of cost/service improvement initiatives including mapping key value creation processes and the corresponding reduction of waste activities using Lean techniques.
• Support the Financial Inventory quarterly budgeting process and implementing initiatives to optimize inventory performance.
• Responsible for identification, reporting and mitigation of inventory write-off and excess inventories risk.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and management of standard operating procedures and adherence to Baxter’s established practices and procedures.
• University Degree required from a recognized institution
• APICS certification (or working towards) preferred (ie CPIM)
• Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Inventory Management, Supply Planning, Production Scheduling
• Business, Mathematics, statistics, engineering or other related field(s).
• Information Technology
• Manufacturing / operations management
Type of Experience / Skills
• Experience in distribution planning, supplier management, finished goods planning and inventory control.
• Possess an advanced knowledge and understanding, with progressive development of analytical techniques
• Strong organizational skills, comfortable handle multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed, working well under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated strength leading cross-functional supply S&OP discussions
• Hands-on experience using ERP planning (MRP/DRP) and scheduling International purchasing.
• Experience managing a large inventory investment supply portfolio
• Broad understanding of ERP supply chain processes and principles
• Production planning and scheduling within GMP governed industry (Pharma, Healthcare)
• Application of Lean / 6-Sigma principles.
• Supply chain exposure regarding transportation, warehousing and manufacturing operations.
• SYNC mSE Solutions, Cognos, Demantra, JDE and Demand Solutions experience.
Years of Experience
• 5+ yrs in-depth experience: Process improvement, MRP Planning; inventory management, distribution planning, S&OP process.
• 5+ yrs of experience in related roles within the Healthcare Industry including: Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing and warehousing
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.