A Career That Matters Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
About Baxter Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company?s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter?s employees worldwide are building upon the company?s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Description
The incumbent will be responsible for picking and preparing CIVA batch components for each of the active cleanroom(s).
- Perform component sanitization activities for all CIVA batches (I.E. antibiotics, chemotherapy, Total Parental Nutrition (TPN) and narcotics).
- Label and package CIVA finished products for dispatch. Collaborate with CIVA Supervisors, Pharmacists and CIVA Quality team to ensure production workflow and compliance are met daily. In addition, incumbent will assist and perform other duties as required.
- Pick raw materials for cleanroom compounding.
- Perform in-process checks to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Maintain communication with CIVA cleanrooms to ensure production flow is maintained at an optimal level.
- Perform component sanitization for all items entering the cleanroom(s), while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Perform final inspection and label CIVA batch units. Maintain coordination with CIVA labelling coordinator and Pharmacists to ensure delivery times are met.
- Assembling boxes and packing finished products for dispatch. Manually load and transfer products between pharmacy areas.
- Other duties as assigned
QualificationsEducation and Experience
• Pursuing registration as a Pharmacy Technician (R.PhT) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
• Successful completion of the PEBC evaluation exam or graduation from a CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Aseptic technique knowledge
Type of Experience
• Pharmaceutical manufacturing or related experience
• Hospital pharmacy and/or retail pharmacy experience
• Cleanroom experience
Years of Experience
• 1 – 2 years
• 2 + years
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate exceptional decision making abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be able to work all shifts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
• Strong attention to detail and work ethic
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Able to lift approximately 30 lbs. regularly throughout the day
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
• Strong computer skills
• Must be able to follow and retain detailed standard operating procedures (SOP)
• Excellent attendance and punctuality history
• Must be able to show drive and a sense of urgency to achieving production deadlines
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.