Req #: 1800001J_en
Location: Old Toongabbie, NSW AU
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 1/4/2018 5:12:34 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
An excellent opportunity now exists for a Demand Planner responsible for managing a 24 month horizon forecast for their allocated portfolio within the demand planning tool. This includes detailed analysis of sales data, identifying trends and outliers and managing the sales forecast review process with relevant stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Finance to achieve forecast consensus.
The Demand Planner supports the S&OP process by acting as the key intermediary between Sales, Marketing, Supply, Manufacturing and Finance to ensure demand related intel is captured, validated and challenged and communicated across the business to meet customer service and interdepartmental KPI’s.
Your core responsibilities will be, however not limited to:
• Coordinate and compile all data inputs / outputs within the Demand Planning tool and communicate forecast changes in a timely and succinct manner to all relevant stakeholders for designated portfolio of products.
• Review historical demand patterns for potential bias; identify and analyse obvious discrepancies. Prepare discussion points including any supporting data for the forecast review meetings.
• Ensure that a rolling 24 month forecast is maintained in the Demand Planning tool at a national and depot level for their designated portfolio of codes.
• Maintain data integrity within the Demand Planning tool relative to sales volume, history and the management of new and obsolete products.
• Prepare for and facilitate with the support of the Demand Planning Manager the monthly forecast review meeting for each portfolio. Assume the role of challenger to ensure that forecasts reflect true demand and are appropriate drivers for manufacturing and purchasing activity.
• Adhere to the monthly business cycle ensuring that all business deadlines are met.
• Monitor and analyse forecast accuracy to identify areas for process improvement and highlight key concerns to the Demand Planning Manager.
• Facilitate ‘bottom up’ quarterly financial forecast and annual budget meetings with the support of the Demand Planning Manager to ensure all stakeholders are working towards the businesses key S&OP goal of ‘one number’.
• Maintain ongoing dialogue and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in Finance, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Planning, Quality and Regulatory to understand business drivers that could impact demand.
• Comply with GMP & GDP requirements.
• Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety guidelines are considered and adhered to.
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
• 2+ years of planning (preferably demand related) experience
• 5+ years of General Business experience
• Familiarity with forecasting concepts, methodologies and an understanding of the interrelationship between Demand Planning and its dependent functions such as Sales, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in leading cross-functional teams and influencing consensus-based decision-making. Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
• Demonstrated change leadership capability
• Strong computer skills, including Demand Planning applications, database management tools, spreadsheet application, report writing and presentation tools
• Strong organisational skills and desire to follow through
• Attitude of ownership to all aspects of Demand Planning
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to present data in an easy to understand format
• Degree Qualified or APICS qualifications considered a plus
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters! For further information contact Rania El Boustani on (02) 9848 1284.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.