Sr. Communications Associate (Media Experience Required)
DescriptionSr. Communications Associate (Media Experience Required)
Product and Therapy Support
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Add a dynamic, self-starter to join our product and therapy communications team, which is focused on driving awareness of Baxter’s leadership in surgical care, kidney care, critical care, medication delivery, pharmacy and injectable medicines.
• Work alongside our global business teams, looking for opportunities to tell our story in new ways that drive Baxter forward.
• Help develop communications strategy and implement their ideas, from start to finish. Provide communications support to communicators assigned to Baxter’s six global businesses.
• Exposure to the entire Baxter portfolio, but also have ownership of a “beat” area, where the individual will develop deep relationships with internal stakeholders, be responsible for advancing specific products and therapies, and pitch and secure media opportunities in the selected area.
• Baxter is undergoing a transformation that will enable the company to better accomplish its mission to save and sustain lives; we need a highly-motivated communications professional who wants to help tell Baxter’s story in new ways to build our reputation and enhance our leadership position.
You’ll play a key role in developing and executing communications plans to support product promotion (launches, regulatory milestones, etc.), research studies/data, medical congresses, patient education and disease awareness campaigns, and product-related issues management. Individual will be expected to build and manage strong relationships with internal stakeholders to implement communications initiatives.
• Product Promotion – Help identify opportunities to proactively promote Baxter’s products, therapies and thought leadership in traditional and social media. Individual will be responsible for pitching and securing media placements, and measuring impact of media activities. Individual will develop press releases to promote key milestones and events.
• Messaging/Materials Development – Develop integrated messages for internal and external audiences aligned to corporate, brand, product and therapy messaging. Understand Baxter’s brand guidelines and support internal stakeholder education and alignment. Create Q&A and media statements, among other materials, on a wide range of topics and issues, including research, drafting and editing.
• Writing/Editing – Write consistently in an influential and concise style. Connect messages across vehicles to influence broader opportunities and ensure consistency and reinforcement of critical messages. Edit for style, consistency and fluidity across the organization. Write clearly and effectively under pressure.
• Social Media and Technology/Channel Application – Assist creating content for internal and external communications channels, including social media, to advance communications initiatives.
• Issues Management – Provide support for product-related issues, including writing key messages, statements, and Q&A.
Experiences, Attributes & Education
• 5 years of experience in communications, public relations and/or marketing communications.
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, marketing communications, journalism, public relations or advertising, or transferrable area.
• Proven job track record where media relations and written communications have been a primary focus.
• Proven track record of securing media placements in trade and/or local media highly desired.
• Strong and versatile writing skills for a variety of materials including messaging, FAQs, press releases, fact sheets, etc. that are clear, concise and persuasive.
• Strong project management, time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to collaborate with business and other functions, including marketing, supply chain, customer service, sales, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization, including mid-level and senior leaders.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Flexible with the ability to quickly change course when need arises.
• Healthcare industry and agency experience desired.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.