Manager Operations, ECMReq # JR - 028400 Location Zurich, Canton of Zurich Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 12/14/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Support the External Contract Manufacturing (ECM) organization in execution resulting in business sustainability, growth and cost savings.
- Partner with contract manufacturers to ensure quality, delivery and cost meet or exceed Baxter’s expectations.
- Serve as liaison between company and External Contract Manufacturer network.
- Provide oversight to the manufacturing, quality and development of products performed at ECM’s.
- Manage contracts to ensure delivery on company expectations, and meeting budget targets, cost savings and capacity management.
- Partner with Procurement and Supply Chain functions to ensure continuity of product supply.
- Monitor key ECM operating mechanisms.
- Coordinate communication between all applicable internal and external functions/organizations regarding ECM operations.
- Analyze actual to budget cost variances, identify root cause, and drive cost improvement.
- Manage issues to ensure efficient and effective resolution.
- Lead performance business reviews with suppliers/contracting organizations.
- Responsible for ECM metrics for scorecard/dashboard.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to support/perform supplier audits, quality investigations, and non-conformance analysis by providing appropriate product/process expertise.
- Support Due Diligence evaluations of potential Business Development Target organizations
Qualifications - External Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five plus years of Medical Device / Pharmaceutical / Biologics industry experience working with Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality required.
- Technical Skills appropriate to the assigned ECM Category, including: cGMP-Regulations and Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control and Assurance, and Operations.
- Cross functional team leadership; ability to work and influence across business units and functions, multi-site, multi- cultural. Proven ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to develop and manage partnerships.
- Ability to drive and sustain transformational change.
- Strong financial acumen preferred.
- Production acumen preferred
- Management level presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex plans on time and on budget.
- Ability to think strategically and to provide clear direction to others.
- Superior analytical, organization, and project management skills
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.