Aviation Administrator/Aircraft SchedulerReq # JR - 101320 Location Waukegan, Illinois, United States Job Category Administrative Date posted 05/26/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
As the Aviation Administrator/Aircraft Scheduler you will handle all trip scheduling and flight coordination for the team.
What you'll be doing
- Receives and coordinates flight requests working directly with company administrative assistants
- Prepares flight itineraries
- Informs and coordinates with flight crew, aircraft maintenance personnel and ground support personnel
- Coordinates with Director of Aviation and Chief Pilot regarding crew issues, vacations, time off, training schedules, flight and duty time requirements
- Organizes details of all flights, including but not limited to rental vehicles, hotels, car services, security, catering, meeting rooms, etc. for passengers and crew
- Continuously updates trip information and conveys changes
- Upholds current FAA regulations and department policies regarding safety of flight and crew rest/crew flight duty limitations
- Keeps and maintains accurate record of post flight details
- Calculates estimated flight costs and SIFL charges on a per trip basis as needed
- Coordinates ground handling requirements for domestic and international locations which includes but is not limited to customs, immigration, permits, slots, etc.
- Researches aircraft fuel prices and updates fuel pricing on weekly basis
- Assists with report preparation and submission to corporate tax and accounting departments
- Manage the day to day office administrative tasks to include answering phones, monitoring gate access, filing, document retention, shipping/receiving, vendor visits
- Maintain timely execution of department payables/receivables
What you'll bring
- Previous corporate aircraft scheduling/dispatching experience required
- Available after regular hours, including weekends and holidays, on a rotating basis, to address and support the department as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- FOS (Flight Operations Systems) scheduling software experience preferred
- Ability to make sound, logic based decisions in a timely manner
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a base salary range of $36,000 to $90,000. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Waukegan, IL 60087
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now