Sr Principal Erlang Engineer (Remote)Req # JR - 091561 Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Job Category Information Technology Date posted 02/04/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
We are looking for a Sr Principal Erlang Engineer who has experience building horizontally scalable systems, with large user bases.
The Sr Principal Erlang Engineer will apply expert technical knowledge and engineering principles in the development of products and solutions. Provide mentorship to other engineers for technical issues, design reviews, and sophisticated problem resolution. All while contributing to the code base every day.
Baxter’s Voalte Mobile software solutions focus on being the best communication and collaboration tools for healthcare care teams. The product offering has multiple mobile applications, web applications, and server applications.
What you'll be doing
- Leads requirement analysis, detailed design, and verification activities for a product or solution.
- Makes difficult design trade-offs and decisions about features, schedule, quality and cost.
- Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from internal and external options, and applies appropriate methodology to identify issues/concerns.
- Primary accountability for major element of a project, determines all tasks that are required, and is responsible for project outcome.
- Designs, develops and/or directs research and tests to validate effect and consequences of designs, process or product improvements across projects and/or products.
- Proactively determines measures and standards of success for project, product, and process quality within project teams.
- Build and implement team process and technical standards.
- Develop code using Erlang programming language.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What you'll bring
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates expert judgement in selection methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Recognized subject matter expert for designed technology, solution or process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Poland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now