Senior Tax Analyst EMEAReq # JR - 024636 Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Additional Locations 40 Job Category Finance Date posted 07/29/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
We are looking for someone to join Baxter’s European Tax function covering the EMEA region (Europe, Middle-East and Africa). However, since Baxter is a U.S.-based multinational, the successful candidate will also liaise with Global Head of Transfer Pricing, Head of Tax Accounting and other members of our U.S. Tax team.
This role is initially focused on transfer pricing documentation reviews, TP audits and TP planning support in EMEA. It will also include monitoring of the compliance with Baxter’s transfer pricing policy (profitability and business reviews). To some extent (depending on the workload), the role also involves responsibilities in financial reporting for income taxes (review of current and deferred tax accruals) and general income tax matters for selected countries in EMEA. We are willing to provide training in these two areas to a candidate who does not have the relevant prior experience.
We are looking for a candidate with Finance/Accounting or Economics background with 3 years of experience in Transfer Pricing in Big4, other consulting firm or in-house who is willing to learn, or already has some experience with, financial reporting for income taxes and general income tax matters.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Review (or if necessary preparation) of transfer pricing documentation for Baxter entities in EMEA region,
- Preparation of periodical profitability reviews, documentation and coordination of the issuance of retroactive transfer pricing adjustments;
- Assistance in defending transfer pricing audits in EMEA;
- Assistance in transfer pricing planning and projects in EMEA
- Learning to review and validate quarterly/annual tax accrual computations (current and deferred) and taking over this task for selected countries in EMEA;
- Learning the concepts of temporary and permanent differences between Tax and Accounting standards, and the impact of those differences on financial reporting;
- Assisting with various general tax matters for selected countries in EMEA;
- Understanding key features of tax systems of the selected countries in EMEA;
- Researching tax law for selected countries in EMEA based on the available databases;
- Assisting in tax planning initiatives and cross-functional projects driven by business.
- Liaising with external consultants.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Economics;
- Willingness to pursue a long-term career in Tax;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Transfer Pricing in Big4, other consulting firm or in-house;
- Understanding of transfer pricing methods, how to choose the most appropriate method, how to determine a tested party and how the functional profile (functions/assets/risks) of an entity impacts its profitability level;
- Prior experience in Finance/Accounting is desirable;
- Prior experience in non-transfer pricing Tax matters in a consulting firm or in-house in a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Excel;
- Great analytical skills;
- Drive to seek understanding – “hungry for knowledge”;
- Ability to take ownership of work and “get things done” – “can do attitude”;
- Team oriented with good communication skills, but able to work independently at the same time;
- Experience or willingness to work with geographically dispersed teams;
- Fluency in English is a must.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.