BCU Sr Business AnalystReq # JR - 053479 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 11/02/2021
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Align with our Data Modernization agile program to build out components for a new Data Warehouse strategy involving data migration and data governance processes.
Partner with department leaders and staff to formulate and deliver exceptional business value by way of process change and project delivery. Through collaboration, discovery, and analysis understand, propose, and aid in implementation of improvements to organizational projects, processes, products, and services.
Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel business strategies. May provide consultations on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business analysis including working in project teams, collaborating with vendors and end users, and creating programming-ready artifacts.
- Process and system analysis of multiple concurrent development projects consisting of both internal employees and consultants/contractors both on-site and off-site while fostering a cohesive and productive work environment.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent manner.
- Facilitate and lead meetings that generate ideas and content for solutions.
- Orchestrate the collaboration between Product Owner, business sponsors, vendors, subject matter experts, designers, QA and development groups by removing roadblocks and fostering communication.
- Contribute to organizational transformation solutions and execution.
- Drive and adhere to business analysis best practices.
- Support company’s Agile transformation and work within this methodology to ensure the vision, strategy and priorities of the Product Owner are met.
- Support Agile team and business track in any way that is required to ensure the successful outcome of the team.
- Research business requests and troubleshoot production issues.
- Collaborate with data governance group to implement and define data standards and policies.
- Work closely with business units to identify current processes, data and reporting requirements with the ability to translate the data and implement new and improved solutions.
- Perform structured walkthrough and validation of quality assurance test cases and methodology.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to understand the current DWH and collaborate on a new data model that supports business requirements and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, people skills and documentation skills.
- Comprehensive experience with productivity enhancing application development, technology, testing, and automation tools and methods.
- Minimum 7 years business systems analysis required.
- Requires technical creativity and a strong understanding of information technology.
- Experienced and proven skill set in business and system analysis.
- Proficient in industry standard Agile methodology.
- Competent in grooming the product backlog and writing user stories along with detailed acceptance criteria for Agile Scrum projects.
- Solid understanding of the role of business/functions supported.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- A comprehensive enterprise-wide view and understanding of business processes and drivers obtained through working experience.
- Ability to keep the long-term solution in focus while communicating and planning for risk.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
- Experience with modeling business processes utilizing a variety of tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of process improvement methodologies.
- Experience working with vendor led projects.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative with minimum need of supervision.
- Effective communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated willingness to dive into the details to guide projects to completion.
- Sound proficiency in analyzing current data warehouse model and processes and translating into new data modeling requirements.
- Hands on experience with SQL tools used to extract, research, and analyze data sets.
- Understanding of table structures and joins and can relate data structures to business. Understanding the characteristics of the data.
- Experience with defining ETL requirements and documenting the transformation rules for data migration.
- Credit Union background a must.
- Symitar/Ease experience strongly preferred.
- Agile Methodology experience a must.
- Strong ability to compose user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the linkhere and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now