BCU Dir, Creative Dev and CommunicationReq # JR - 025992 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 08/17/2020
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Responsible for leading the BCU internal agency (Creative Services & Corporate Communications), driving modern creative content creation for the organization’s B2B2C model. This role will partner closely with the Integrated Marketing & Financial Well-being team to build all internal and external collateral, including creative direction, design & copywriting, social media & internal relations, and brand standards.
Leads and directs the modern development of all creative and communications content including:
- Creative direction, design & copywriting, content and brand standards.
- Leads internal studio and ensures all content is aligned with the company culture & strategy.
- Develops a deep understanding of the company vision and direction to ensure the advertising strategies are implemented in alignment with the corporate objectives and to ensure that actionable strategies are developed and implemented as the corporate initiatives evolve.
- Directs and drives process modernization in the design of member-facing content to achieve optimal results. Ensures systems and processes are defined, reviewed, improved and maintained efficiently and effectively.
- Develops and maintains brand guidelines for internal and external communications to ensure standards are appropriately executed by end-users.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams throughout the company including executives, leadership, and peers in all lines of business. Manages the collaboration of these groups through direct reports and personal relationship building.
- Develops and mentors staff through onboarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- College Degree Preferred
- Min 5 years' experience in a creative field, corporate creative services or ad agency experience preferred. Must demonstrate design, copywriting and production experience. Understanding of critical communication strategy development, a must.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or or cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Experience collaborating with internal & external resources to develop strategies that meet goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and refining processes and systems that align business and creative needs with sales and marketing objectives.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Creative approach to problem solving, initiative, and critical thinking
- Energetic, self-starter
- Demonstrated aptitude for BCU Shared Values: Courage, Collaboration, Integrity, and WOW
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.