BCU Collections SpecialistReq # JR - 023716 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 06/26/2020
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
- Manage a portfolio of early and late stage delinquent account holders within the BCU loan and credit card portfolios ensuring adequate collection efforts are performed to reduce delinquency and mitigate losses while maintaining excellent member service.
- Duties include analysis of member credit profiles and referral of accounts to foreclosure or repossession.
- Contact members with outbound calls and handle inbound calls to counsel, negotiate and arrange for payment on loan, credit card and share accounts.
- Perform proper collection activity including skip tracing, collateral and credit analysis as required to resolve complex delinquency issues.
- Assist members with questions and attempt to resolve any issues outstanding on member accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving agreed upon delinquency and charge-off goals.
- Responsible for all pre-charge-off collection activity on assigned collection accounts
- Perform agreed upon quantity and quality of collection activity on assigned accounts. This includes working with members in addition to repossession agents, insurance companies and attorneys in order to resolve delinquency issues. Must perform thorough account follow up and ensure proper actions, documentation and analysis are being taken to resolve delinquent accounts
- Assist the team in handling inbound calls or other member issues outside of assigned account workload
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory and legal standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of collection laws and procedures
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- PC Skills including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Organizational and time management skills
- Results oriented while member service and quality focused
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) desired
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.