BCU Analyst, Business ContinuityReq # JR - 027321 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 09/09/2020
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Business continuity analysts develops, coordinates and implements plans to avoid business disruption and ensures the organization can respond to a disaster so that the critical information technology functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, and the amount of loss can be minimized.
Business Continuity Analyst Duties
- Coordinating maintenance of and exercising (testing) the recovery plans for each tier 1/critical functional systems.
- Train employees on the business recovery plan to ensure that everyone knows how to react if a disaster occurs.
- Participates in risk management analysis and assists with the creation of the business continuity, cotingency, and disaster recovery plans.
- Implement and administer tools to track and manage event response and recovery.
- Analyze potential risks and design of recovery plans.
- Execution, and managing process changes of the disaster recovery program lifecycle.
Manage BCP test events while working along with both the Business and our third-party vendors.
- Assist with compiling documentation for all BCP related test events and remediation.
- Responsible for keeping communication projects on time and meeting required deliverables for assigned projects.
- Stay current on DR trends and providing recommendations for continuous improvement around our DR strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date DR related system documentation in a continuously changing environment.
- Assist with events from coordinating status calls, providing clear concise updates.
- Monitor news sites and social media for activity that may trigger potential events.
- Translate technology issues into layman terms in support of internal and external communications.
- Work closely with BCP Planners/Managers to understand and define their critical processes, provide guidance and direction.
- Conduct annual plan review of all business BCP/DR plans, complete rating scorecard and manage plan review/approval process ensuring all planners and managers sign-off.
- 3+ years experience in business continuity planning and incident event management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter/motivated/problem solver
- Highly organized, and collaborative
- Ability to quickly analyze complex issues and make sound decisions
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills, with ability to interact with management, business partners and staff
- Technically strong; working knowledge of system hardware, software, protocols, standards, and back-up software
- Bachelors of Science in IS or Business preferred
- CBCP certification highly desirable
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.