As a member of Baxter’s sales team, you’ll be aligned to one of our global business units and be responsible for new business, developing existing accounts and ensuring patient-centric approach in all your dealings. You’ll work within an assigned geographic area or with specific accounts to achieve or exceed personal and business goals, all in pursuit of our mission to save and sustain lives. In the sales role, you’ll have the opportunity to provide input on new markets and products, manage customer concerns, and collaborate with other teams.
What makes a successful Sales Professional at Baxter? Take a look at some of the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re a fit.
- Stakeholder Insight and Influence
- Sales Solution Identification and Development
- Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Managing and Coaching
- Ownership of the Business
Our company is enriched by a diverse population of individuals in more than 100 countries that work to solve, innovate, manufacture and drive better healthcare options for patients around the world.
Meet Andrea – after joining Baxter as a Customer Service Specialist, Andrea was promoted last year to Territory Manager.
“Baxter’s culture is one of inclusivity, respect and acceptance for one another, regardless of religious, political or sexual orientation. There is immense support that starts all the way at the top of the organization, including the creation of “Best Place to Work” for all employees.”
Meet Paula – she has been with Baxter for 17 years and works as a Sales Specialist in Ireland.
“In Baxter we are encouraged to extend our competencies and experiences through ongoing feedback, experiences and regular training. Personal development to achieve career aspirations is actively encouraged, and as a result, I recently secured an internal promotion which was actively supported by my manager and the wider Baxter team.”
Meet Paula – she has been with Baxter for 17 years and works as a Sales Specialist in Ireland.
Sales Manager - Clinical Nutrition
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Sales Manager role in The Netherlands leads an experienced team and brings with her/him a multidimensional disruptive thinking capability and a passion for value-based selling. In a changing and evolving environment, you will lead the team to close complex B2B sales where long-term relationship-building at different levels of the hospital plays an important role.
Baxter’s clinical nutrition business unit is embarking on an ambitious transformation of its go-to-market strategy composed of 3 main elements:
- Clinical Nutrition has a diverse portfolio with new product launches and a rich pipeline. The offer has evolved from providing essential drugs to supportive medical device and digital service offering. You will support the team transition from cost-based to value-based selling and from product sales to integrated product-service offering sales.
- Over a period of twelve months, we aim to expand our service from hospital to home, accompanying the patient across the extended continuum of care. You will work closely with the homecare manager to develop a solid sales playbook for the team. Looking for what works and reiterating it, you will provide continuous resources and coaching to the team.
- The covid situation has accelerated the digital transformation. Providing a seamless experience between both the digital and physical customer interactions will be key. You will play an important role as change agent, mentor and strategic gatekeeper to ensure the sales team have the right mindset, skills, and supporting tools to achieve the required sales transformation and capture the benefits from digitalization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- You are invested in coaching, training, and empowering the sales team while acting as a role model and supporting the company’s values.
- Team management: You ensure your team is going to the right direction, targeting the right opportunity and customers by utilizing market insights and customer data for prioritization. You constantly look for ways to improve the sales force efficiency while implementing tools to manage its performance.
- Customized individual coaching: You dedicate time for team and individual meeting/checkpoints to coach and help salespeople develop and reach their targets.
- Data driven analysis: You track both indicators of past results and leading indicators with potential impacts on future results. You are forecasting revenue, projecting pipeline growth, and calculating key metrics. You’re keeping an eye on pending sales while looking ahead to the end of the month, the quarter, and the fiscal year. You are pivotal in overseeing the team to ensure that high quality customer and sales data is consistently entered into the systems.
- You own the budgetary and planning processes and monitor performance against budget, taking appropriate action to address any variances.
- As agent of change, you are incorporating in your daily routines activities to promote regional change initiatives, coordinate active knowledge sharing between sales and product/service delivery to surface new improvement ideas and facilitate joint problem solving.
- You understand and drive the team to embrace omnichannel strategies and support the team in optimizing the digital interactions with the customers. You work closely with the local and regional marketing team to bring the appropriate tool and activity to support the sales team come to a close leveraging both digital and physical customer interactions.
- You co-operate closely with Marketing, Sales Support and Customer Service in order to reach full customer satisfaction & the set targets. You own customer issues and ensure all parties and team members are kept informed in order to enhance customer loyalty.
- You build collaborative partnerships with key internal stakeholders such as Technical Services, IT, Operations to support solutions that require cross-department collaboration in both sales and delivery.
- Seasoned Sales Manager experience (3-5 years’ experience leading a team) with product launch experience and a demonstrated record of driving value-based selling. Evidence of achieving targets and getting results.
- Fluent in English and Dutch is a must.
- A great communicator with customer orientation and strong interpersonal skills from the ward to the c-suite.
- Experience in identifying the buying and decision-making process, successfully bringing the sales cycle to a close in both analog and digital setting.
- Passion for shaping digital interactions using a variety of tools and techniques going beyond zoom calls and webinars.
- Proven ability to translate team targets into individual action plans in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated role model and coaching expertise in daily and deal-specific situations in both analog and digital setting.
- Prospecting, relationship building, negotiation and closing skills. Passion for exploring, locating and proposing new business deals and commercial models. Identifies barriers to change and addresses these appropriately.
- Ability to easily switch between keeping a holistic overview of market dynamics and detailed troubleshooting when required.
- Excellent listening and analytical skills. Ability to identify and influence stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of healthcare and medical devices commercial landscape and competition; Continuously looks for business intelligence and competitive information.
- Budgetary knowledge and experience (including P&L).
- Good knowledge of country healthcare structures, national healthcare politics, and hospital financing.
- Works autonomously, self-starter; learns quickly.
Please join a motivation letter to your application.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Patients’ journeys inspire our work and drive our commitment to advance new standards of care.Learn More
Health & Well-Being
Employee Health and Well-Being Benefits are offered to employees and their families. In some locations, employees have the opportunity to choose the healthcare benefits that best meet their needs.
Continuing Education/ Professional Development
We believe that employees grow and learn through a combination of work experiences, feedback, relationships and training.
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays schedules vary by location, but generally include both standard holidays and company-designated days.
Support for Parents
We support working parents with programs that vary by location, including parental leave, and adoption assistance.
- Non-Commercial Functions Non-Commercial FunctionsField Sales Field SalesMarketing Marketing
- Training TrainingSales Rep / Key Account Manager /Territory Manager Sales Rep / Key Account Manager /Territory Manager
- Procurement and Supply Chain Procurement and supply chainNational Sales Manager National Sales Manager
- Business Unit Head (Country) DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
- Business Unit Head (Regional) DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
- Expanding our reach to help patients and providers
- Making meaningful difference in our communities
- Providing meaningful career experiences driven by our passion to save and sustain lives
'Best Companies for Dads'
We have been named to Working Mother magazine’s 2019 'Best Companies for Dads' list for the first time.More
People of Baxter
Our company is enriched by a diverse population of individuals in more than 100 countries.More
COVID-19 Response Efforts
Heroic work by healthcare providers and first responders to care for those with COVID-19 inspires us all.More
Inclusion & Diversity
Learn about the four key components of our global inclusion strategy.More