Assistant Controller BeneluxReq # JR - 043382 Location Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands Job Category Finance Date posted 09/07/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is part of an Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE). The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the holding and commercial entities in the Netherlands, including Baxter Holding BV (BHBV) and Baxter Netherlands Holdings BV (BNHBV).
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of US GAAP, statutory and tax reporting to shareholders on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Act as a point of contact to local authorities for matters related to accounting and tax compliance, including regulatory and withholding tax queries for dividend distributions.
- Manage Cash Flow planning, forecasting and reporting.
- Support Treasury group in management of FX.
- Support financing activities such as reinvestments, dividend distributions and capital contributions.
- Prepare and present board meeting documentation, including information on annual accounts statements, financial performance highlights, subsidiary impairment testing or subsidiary restructuring, CAPEX plans, etc., and support preparation of board minutes.
- Collaborate with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management.
- Act as a reference point for all complex accounting and tax issues for entities in scope.
- Support local, regional and global projects, as required; provide financial expertise in such projects.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting and/or qualified ACCA/CIMA
- 5-10 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Expert in US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations for the countries in scope is an additional benefit.
- Proven team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Dutch; French is an additional benefit.
- Strong reporting tools and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required (limited travel requirement).
- Experience in JDE and Pega Tools an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g. month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on Public Holidays.
What we offer:
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.