Sr. Virtualization Engineer (Open to Remote)Req # JR - 054728 Location United States (Remote) Additional locations United States of America - Remote Job Category Information Technology Date posted 08/11/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Sr. Virtualization Engineer will lead the efforts to plan, scope, and manage all aspects of healthcare VM deployments. This person should possess exceptional skills and expertise managing, deploying, and troubleshooting virtualized server environments. Provides advanced level engineering and support of server virtualization environments strategizing across customer on-premise solutions, and additionally administer the operating systems and core applications while ensuring the environment is managed to meet best practice standards and agreed service availability (SLA’s).
The candidate is expected to possess SME level skills knowledge of server virtualization deployment, patching, upgrading, troubleshooting and system maintenance. The candidate will be expected to design, build and deploy virtual systems, networks and architectures in VMWare and hybrid environments in support of Baxter Healthcare Digital solutions and medical devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Lead strategy meetings with key accounts and stakeholders to design and employ scalable and high availability virtual environments across the enterprise
- Review and update VMware environment designs, create implementation plans, audit existing infrastructure for VMware and Hypervisor
- Design, install, and administer virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V) products
- Develop, document and implement Best Practice processes for deploying and maintaining virtualization in large healthcare systems and IDNs across Baxter’s portfolio of medical products
- Manage multiple customer escalations / projects concurrently
- Provide expert level support of VMware, Linux and Windows environments by resolving the escalated tickets for the internal and external customers
- Identify and mitigate potential future business & technology risks
- Construct presentations and deliver project information to stakeholders and partners.
- Communicate complex technical subjects to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues
- Tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Maintain system security and address vulnerabilities
- Continuously ensure and refine configurations to provide for efficiencies, scalability, high performance, high availability, and disaster recovery for all VMware environments.
- Develop strategies for maintaining, testing, and validating the health and security of the VMware environments
- Ability to work directly with customers in a professional consultative manner.
- Advanced experience in Linux operating and system administration
- Kubernetes and Docker/Container experience
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) experience
- Previous experience with Cloud computing technologies such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure platforms
- Experience in file sharing: NFS, OpenEBS, Block Storage
- Ability to work independently and with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work in evenings, including the weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Strong communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Minimum 8 years working in a large-scale VMware environment. Master’s degree preferred. VCP certification a plus.
This position can be located remotely within the US, except for Colorado.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now