Sr. Project Manager - Technology & Innovation (Open to Remote)Req # JR - 071276 Location United States (Remote) Additional locations Pennsylvania (remote); Michigan (remote); Maryland (remote); Ohio (remote); Kentucky (remote); West Virginia (remote); Virginia (remote) Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/27/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
As the Sr. Project Manager Technology & Innovation will collaborate with the Technology, Innovation, and Digital Transformation Team for US Hospital Products. They will lead multi-platform hardware & software interoperability projects and lead innovative projects in domains such as Mixed Reality, app development, data centered initiatives such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, & other innovative technologies for the US and other geographies.
What you'll be doing
- Collaboration with key internal and external partners to analyze business requirements to implement multi-platform hardware and software interoperability at end user healthcare institutions
- Ensure cross-team participation with partners demonstrating niche expertise from specialized domains as needed (Network Team, Server Team, Wireless Team etc…)
- Lead projects within a region or geography within the US
- Participate and or lead projects related to Baxter’s product roadmap as it relates to interoperability, proof of concept development, and new technologies
- Partner with the Interoperability engineering team to lead projects for specific customer partner concerns or new vendor relationship engagements e.g. onboarding a new EMR vendor for interoperability
- Develop roadmaps and detailed project plans. Succinctly convey progress and impediments to senior leadership
- Lead user acceptance testing and launch readiness in partnership with customers, EMR Vendors, Care Everywhere, internal team members and other 3rd party vendors.
- Become a domain authority for interoperability and apply expertise to support various business areas and initiatives within Baxter Healthcare
- Identify and mitigate potential project risks
- Resolve project issues applying analytical, technical, and managerial skills
- Minimum five years of Project Management Experience or Healthcare Information Technology (HCIT) experience
- Validated ability working with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) applications and/or clinical data sets
- 3+ years of experience using Agile methodology to implement projects
- Excellent customer facing, client engagement and presentation skills
- Proficiency with IHE profiles, HL7, & FHIR standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Power Point)
- Experience leading projects and processes, including coordinating activities across diverse departments and ensuring that contributions across different teams are aligned and integrated as part of overall delivery
- Experience across the full project lifecycle (discovery, requirements definition, design, build, testing, and deployment)
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
- Ability to work with business users and technical resources to understand project requests and translate requirements to the final project
- Ability to create and deliver project artifacts (such as project timelines, status reports, requirements documentation, and test plans)
- Ability to identify, assess, communicate, and resolve sophisticated problems and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Knowledge of clinical interoperability and/or external clinical data exchange
- Experienced in interfaces using healthcare standards (HL7, FHIR, CCD, CCDA, HISP, Direct Messaging, and/or HIE platforms)
- Knowledge of regulations and standards related to the management of patient health information (PHI)
- Knowledge of emerging technology such as RPA, Mixed Reality, & Data Science
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to optimally organize information
- Ability to obtain Vendor Credentialing / Vaccines
- Ability to travel domestically 25-50%
- PMP or Agile SAFe certification preferred
- Experience with wireless networking is plus
- Prior experience with Infusion Pump Embedded/User Interface development is a plus
- Baseline subject area experience as a business analyst, developer, technical/applications specialist, project specialist, test analyst or similar role
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics or IT & Engineering disciplines preferred
- This position can be located remotely within the US, except for Colorado
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now