Senior Artificial Intelligence EngineerReq # JR - 065009 Location United States (Remote) Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/16/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
This is where your expertise helps people
You are a problem solver. Complex projects or unexpected challenges are just opportunities to bring your considerable abilities to use. Whether working independently or with a trusted team, you are always ready to take on a project and work hard to find solutions.
Your talent is needed across a wide variety of industries. As a Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer, you have a wide array of career choices, but are motivated by the opportunity to work in a company that supports innovation, professional development, and a purposeful mission.
The Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer will function as a guide in architecting, owning the development and delivery of AI technologies ensuring that technology work is met based on business requirements. Recommends solutions to new and complex problems, develops innovative strategies, quantifies the competitive performance of the organization's operations, markets and products evaluating the potential impact of changes and reports on economic forecasts that affect the industry. Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers, and researchers to deliver an end-to-end product from ideation to data collection and analysis, model architecture design, development, testing, validation, and integration into the production environment.
When you join us, you will work with a team of committed individuals who trust each other to deliver on the tasks at hand. We support innovation and out-of-the-box thinking balanced with collaboration across functions and other teams. Our leadership understands the need for continuous education and provides opportunities for further development.
As a Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead by example, and enjoy mentoring and learning from others. Here, you are trusted to manage your own time and are given opportunities to grow your career as you wish.
Here, you often have the flexibility to work independently. We provide opportunities for you to continue to learn through various training, conferences, certifications, and support for advanced degrees.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and lead the Artificial Intelligence strategy for Enterprise Technology group
- Develop, analyze and model operational, economic, management, accounting, and other organizational data for the Artificial Intelligence.
- Work with partners throughout the organization to find opportunities for using company data to drive business solutions.
- Collecting data through means such as building automation tools, analyzing business results or by setting up and leading new studies
- Perform coding, debugging, testing (including unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests)
- Stay on top of recent developments in AI/ML technologies, prototype, and advocate to team members.
- Capture insights from data by using appropriate parametric or non-parametric models.
- Build predictive and prescriptive models that aid decision making and yield useful results
- Build, test and deploy AI models supporting business decision making
- Perform ETL operations on large datasets
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating, deploy, and maintain models through their lifecycle
- Creating reports and data visualizations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find useful results
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
- 4+ years working experience in data sciences, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with relational databases and programming languages like R, SQL and Python
- Software engineering experience: capacity to perform coding, debugging, testing (including unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical skills
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits and data management tools
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate sophisticated data in a simple, useful way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with team members from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Strong communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
This position can be located remotely within the US, except for Colorado.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now