Field Service Technician I - ENTRY LEVELReq # 21123411 Location Tualatin, Oregon, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 09/14/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Field Service Technician I will perform functions related to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and customer owned medical products. Additionally, will provide 24/7 delivery, removal, and service support for products in service centers and customer accounts. This position requires operating a fleet vehicle. Cleaning, disinfecting, operational function checks, and minor repairs of Baxter and non-Baxter products. Performance of minor repairs and routine part's exchange will be expected.
What you'll be doing
- Move medical products within Baxter service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes.
- Load and unload Baxter product and maneuver the medical equipment within truck beds.
- Inspect Baxter product visually, audibly, and manually for any electrical, mechanical, or cosmetic problems.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate any needed repairs.
- Provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including weekends and holidays, which may require customer account visits.
- Perform routine cleaning & preventative maintenance on Baxter products.
- Observe the readings of electronic meters and gauges, use the appropriate tools in making adjustments and repairs.
- Navigate electronic devices like smart phone, tablet, or PC to enter in or acquire information.
- Demonstrate how to use Baxter product to hospital staff, caregivers, and other participants.
- Complete all required safety and compliance modules and medical testing.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Safely operate a company vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van up to a 26,000-pound truck.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Must wear proper PPE including safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
- Assist nursing staff in transferring patients from existing beds onto medical products or interim stretchers.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you'll bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Obtain and maintain a DOT physical card required
- Ability Read and document in English
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
TUALATIN, OR 97062
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now