Plant ManagerReq # JR - 022753 Location Tianjin, Tianjin Municipality, China Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 06/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for delivering manufactured products and inter-plant services that meet safety, quality, cost and on-time delivery goals in support of associated business objectives. Accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the manufacturing and support activities at the site to produce quality products on time and competitively in compliance with regulatory requirements. Drive manufacturing standardization and process improvements at resident site, other sites doing similar work, and manufacturing operations upstream/downstream of site to achieve network optimization. Continuously develop and upgrade talent at site to meet growing demands of business. Support requests to assist in recovery or transformation efforts at other plants throughout network.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding plant financial goals and key operating performance targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for plant’s compliance with all regulatory policies. Determine plant policies consistent with Corporate requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement of site operations through a formal program, resources, metrics and accountability.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and motivating leaders to lead the various aspects of the operation. Assess, develop and manage top talent to engage and retain team members and meet business objectives. Assess key strengths and skill gaps of the talent pipeline. Lead, motivate and coach direct reports to do the same.
- Report operational performance monthly and take actions to address misses. Establish communication operation mechanism to keep senior leadership informed of both leading and lagging performance and act to address.
- Create a culture within the plant to maintain compliance with Environment, Health & Safety requirements and a zero-harm workplace.
- Interact regularly with senior management on matters concerning functional areas and/or customers. Frequently interact with other plant managers and technology groups within the Corporation and contract vendors outside the Corporation.
- Develop and own three-year site capital plan and drive execution to support ongoing business as well as expansion opportunities.
- Liaise with Global Procurement for optimization of raw material suppliers, supplier score card measures and action plans, and cost reduction goals. Liaise with R&D to support new product development plans and ensure adequate support of NPD program to achieve target launch dates.
- Direct the development and establishment of essential technical manufacturing processes to accommodate the introduction of new products into the facility. Ensure use of standard equipment and processes as defined by the corporate engineering group.
- Partner with commercial team on developing portfolio life cycle management program.
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field required. Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing function(s) and 4 years’ experience in plant manufacturing operation of a facility.
- Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, or Biotechnology experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel.
- Willingness to relocate to the site
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.