Operations ManagerReq # JR - 024942 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Additional Locations 37.5 Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 07/29/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Opportunity for a strong Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing Compounding Aseptic Team. The role holder, under the guidance of the Thetford Unit Manager, will be responsible for leading and managing the TPN compounding unit in Thetford, with direct line management responsibility for 3 compounding teams running a robust operation. This role will be a part of the local SLT and will be responsible for executing the site strategy from an operational standpoint in close corporation with peers.
- Production responsible for all processing stages of compounding TPN products.
- Responsible for inspiring and setting direction to the area to meet expectations and company targets for EHS, output, improvements, waste reduction etc.
- Responsible for addressing issues that might affect safety, compliance, output, business ethics, responsible sourcing etc.
- Through a shopfloor presence in the workplace, coach and mentor staff to ensure products are manufactured and documentation completed in accordance with GMP, Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of relevant deviation and complaint investigations to identify true root cause.
- Set objectives for and appraise the performance of individual team members to ensure individuals are focused on activities that will support the Thetford objectives and ensure customer satisfaction
- Proactively look for opportunities to drive continuous improvement, influence decisions and deliver the results whilst ensuring an appropriate level of compliance.
- Combine a highly competitive approach with strong teamwork and flexibility, sharing best practice and ideas
- Work closely with Unit Manager, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, procurement and cross functional compounding team to ensure agreement and execution of agreed critical success factors in the Unit.
- Recruitment, development and resource allocation in compounding teams.
- Responsible for development and reporting of KPI’s for department
- Responsible for competence development within team
- Responsible for implementation and use of daily boards for tracking performance with mechanisms in place to address challenges in output.
- Take ownership for own personal development plan.
- Degree in Engineering (Process, industrial, mechanical), Business Management, life science or equivalent
- Extensive experience in manufacturing preferably within GMP regulated industry
- Experienced in leading and developing teams
- Excellent verbal and formal communication skills, together with critical reasoning skills.
- Experience within Risk Assessment, and root-cause analysis.
- Experience within Practical Process Improvement - Green/black belt qualifications
- Full driving license
- Resident and eligible to work in the UK on a full-time basis
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.