Microbiologist 6 month FTCReq # JR - 019261 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Job Category Microbiology Date posted 04/01/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Working closely with production and reporting to the Microbiology Manager, the Microbiologist will be responsible for testing products before they are released. This role is a 6 month fixed term contract to support Baxter during Covid-19.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the execution of microbiological investigations on a plant-wide basis
- Perform testing and other laboratory experiments, generation of data and test records, in compliance with the regulatory and industry standards.
- Review and approval of routine laboratory test data
- Follows the established procedures and guidelines
- Actively participates in any document/procedure revisions under guidance of the manager or other senior microbiologists.
- Supports and encourages their peers with continuous improvements within the laboratory.
- Degree or equivalent in Microbiology/scientific
- Experience working in a laboratory working to GMP guidelines
- Experience working in a sterile environment (desired not essential)
- Sterility testing experience (desired not essential)
- Endotoxin testing experience
- Bioburden experience
- Experience working with LIMS system (desire not essential)
- Experience with environmental monitoring (desired not essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.