Engineering Project ManagerReq # JR - 021189 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Job Category Business Project Management Date posted 06/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
A very attractive position has arisen for a driven and pragmatic project manager to join Baxter in Thetford on a permanent basis. Working in the pharmaceutical industry this role will primarily focus on delivering capital projects within engineering. You will work alongside a team of project managers and project engineers while reporting to the senior project manager. Projects will be varied from installations (new process equipment); machine upgrades to utility improvements and small constructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile quality associated documentation (URSs / change controls / critical system drawings and system reference files)
- Be responsible for the project planning from design through to construction and commissioning. Tasks will include management of project risk; resources; budget control and ensuring the project is completed on time to the required standards
- Work closely with the purchasing department throughout the tendering process
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders, designer and construction companies to ensure good communication of all activities
- Manage day to day activities of the project
- Manage EHS requirements and sub-contractors
- Provide technical and project leadership in multi skilled teams
- Lead design review meetings to promote innovation and discussion
- Produce monthly reports and presentations for communication to the senior leadership team.
- An experienced project manager with a background in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Ideally the successful candidate will hold at least HNC/HND qualifications in an engineering discipline however this is not essential as proven experience will be considered.
- Be a strong leader with exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of UK’s GMPs
- Demonstrate experience in managing pharmaceutical or FMCG projects from start to finish
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads for the needs of the business
- Microsoft Project skills
- AutoCAD familiarisation is desired but not essential
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.