Customs & Trade Regulations expertReq # JR - 024188 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Additional Locations 40 Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 07/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter are providing a tide of new and exciting opportunities in the UK. We are now recruiting for a Customs & Trade Regulations expert that will be responsible for coordinating compliance for UK import and export activities in order to maintain a high standard of compliance with International Trade, Customs and Other Government Agency laws and regulations. The Trade Regulation Expert will be part of a dynamic Regional team - with highly flexible working arrangements - in the process of implementing a global trade compliance program and working closely with team members across the organisation and in a global environment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides advanced support to the International Trade and Customs operations.
- Proactively coordinates and monitors import/export compliance with international trade, customs and other government agency laws and regulations to minimise the risk of penalty and fines due to non-compliance.
- Travelling up to 30% of the time to other Baxter sites
- Responsible to help develop and audit the international trade program (incl. Export Control Regulation - Sanctioned Party List Screening).
- Assists with the creation of reports and makes recommendations for system refinements. Serves as a consultant for interpretation of regulations, duty reduction opportunities and general process improvements.
- Reports directly to the EMEA Sr Customs & Trade Regulations Manager.
- Assists in the management of freight forwarder and customs broker compliance.
- Interacts with internal functions like, amongst others, distribution, export, import, finance sales and external service providers.
- Support Brexit preparation for UK Customs operations (incl. Implementation of local clearance process that will be deployed by local teams).
- Provides support for day to day import / export operations and compliance with international trade, customs, and other government agency regulations.
- Supports EMEA Sr. Trade Compliance Manager with identification, qualification, implementation and operation of strategic cost savings initiatives such as free trade agreements, duty suspension regimes (IPR), etc.
- Conducts comprehensive audits for the import and export programs, implement corrective action with analysts and review results with the EMEA Sr. Trade Compliance Manager on a regular basis.
- Coordinates review and update all internal procedures and help develop associated training modules.
- Manages responses to official government requests.
- Overseas interaction with service providers, regulators and internal business to facilitate import entry clearance or export filing.
- Assists the EMEA Sr Customs & Trade Regulations Manager with local deployment of Regional projects.
- Drives standardisation of import/export processes and internal control procedures (incl. Draft of local SOP/procedures for Customs & Trade Regulations activities).
Qualifications & Experience
- Working and legal knowledge of Customs and Trade Compliance Regulations (incl. Export Control).
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years business and/or compliance/regulatory experience.
- Sense of responsibilities and autonomy.
- Methodological, rigorous and precise.
- Eager to learn and grow into Baxter Customs & Trade Regulations Team.
- Must be technologically adept.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional English is mandatory. Any other language is considered as a plus.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.