Technical Support RepresentativeReq # 21126504 Location Skaneateles, New York, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 05/19/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- This position supports Baxter’s customers who operate one of the many medical devices it manufactures. This is a Tier I call center position working queue calls. This is not a typical help desk position; this group does not troubleshoot internal PC problems or standard desktop software applications.
- This position requires personnel to troubleshoot medical equipment, deployed in hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and many other sales channels. Agents primarily handle two types of issues, problems with the medical device itself or problems the medical device transferring diagnostic and/or vital sign data across the client’s network.
- You will use your technical experience in combination with knowledge center documents (DFUs, TSBs, CSB, operating manual) and other technical resources to troubleshooting and resolve the client’s problem or escalate the issue when a solution is not evident. No travel required to perform this role.
- The ideal candidate projects a professional demeanor while applying their technical knowledge to troubleshoot malfunctions using their knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, WAN, LAN, Windows registry and group policy, firewalls, Windows Server, DICOM, HL7 standards, SQL and Windows OS. Strong organizational skills are required. Familiarity with call ticketing systems, the demands of a call queue and customer service experience in a technical or clinical discipline is highly desired. Prior experience working in a highly regulated environment is ideal.
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent technical certifications and/or experience in a technical support role may be substituted in lieu of the degree.
- This is a Monday-Friday position (10a-8p) with some on call responsibilities (nights and weekends). For candidates outside a 65-mile radius from Baxter’s Skaneateles facility, this will be a fully remote position; for those candidates within the catchment area, Mon, Thu and Fri are remote days and every Tue and Wed are office days. Former biomed techs and implementation analysts from EMR vendors are encouraged to apply.
- Medical device / IT systems technical support experience
- Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server, registry settings and group policies
- Networking: TCP/IP protocol, WAN, LAN, GSM/GPRS
- Familiarity with DICOM and/ or HL7 standards
- Database experience including basic SQL queries
- Clinical workflow experience in an ambulatory or acute care setting preferred
- Phone queue/email case support workflows
- Experience with quality processes in a regulated industry
- Minimum of associates degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent technical
Certifications and/or technical experience will be considered in lieu of the degree
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Skaneateles, NY 13153
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now