Continuous Improvement ManagerReq # JR - 067212 Location Skaneateles, New York, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 05/19/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is responsible for driving and coaching implementation of Baxter Operating System (BOS), Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts, cost reduction projects through the VIP program for the Skaneateles site and 55+ operators over a 2-shift operation in our Fabrications, Plating and Tool Room Operations. As such, this position requires an experienced Operations and Lean transformation leader with a broad cross-functional background and experience in mid-volume vertically-integrated manufacturing, as well as demonstrated success in driving improvements across transactional business processes. The successful candidate will have a results-oriented leadership style with strong influencing skills and the ability to make an immediate and lasting organizational impact. Such individual must be both a credible teacher to diverse levels of people (from shop floor to Executive leadership) and capable of developing and executing lean strategies that yield measurable business results. This is a critical leadership position reporting directly to the Executive Director of Operations and has additional ties to the Global Operations and CI leads to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop, communicate, and execute on short-term and long-term strategies for Fabrication, Plating and Tool Room operations.
- Create and manage capital budget in support of responsible areas.
- Develop succession plans for the leaders in your organization as well as coach/mentor future leaders for the organization.
- Provide support and input as a key member of the Operations Leadership team.
- Establish objectives and plans in support of new product introductions
- Implement and deploy a Lean CI strategy that ties to Hill-Rom’s Global OMS. Oversee, manage and facilitate the Company’s Lean initiative and CI strategy across the site. Take a strategic view of the organization and facilitate the creation of a CI culture and use Lean Six Sigma methodologies to drive core/strategic processes to respond to the needs of customers with minimal waste.
- Lead Hill-Rom’s cost reduction (VIP) program for the site focusing on labor, overhead, indirect material and logistics spend.
- Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees (and other stake holders such as suppliers) and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
- Conduct regular reviews of the site’s lean performance with leadership teams across the organization, providing expectations, performance planning, feedback, training, development and performance discussions with leadership teams across the organization; defining future state requirements for operations and ensures the implementation of Lean strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed business and customer expectations.
- Develop appropriate dashboards & influence cross functional team members to meet aggressive strategic deployment and business targets.
- Drive effective on-going communications throughout the organization on the implementation of lean thinking to help drive culture change and advance lean competencies; provide clear and regular communication regarding the Company’s goals and objectives of the lean thinking and to provide a system for measurement of results of lean activities on an ongoing basis.
- Develop infrastructure tools and supporting materials, including training to support the Company’s lean initiatives. Conduct workshops and other training programs that foster the cross functional deployment of Lean Methodology.
- Train, mentor, and develop personnel to foster a strong culture of continuous improvement.
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in Manufacturing Assembly, CNC Machines, Automated Manufacturing Equipment, Manufacturing Engineering, JIT, KanBan and Build to Order processes.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience implementing continuous improvement projects, driving change and leading strategic initiatives with factories, suppliers, Lean, processes, and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Education and experience in Lean, Kaizen events, Continuous Improvement, and the Toyota Production System.
- Demonstrated high level of supervisory skills and proven ability to work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Proven reputation for building both positive relationships and skilled teams with all functional departments in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change at all levels of an organization and will also have a demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion through other people without having direct supervisory responsibility. Strong change management and influence skills are a must; ability to negotiate and communicate at different levels of an organization.
- Experience in core project management practices (project estimating, planning/scheduling and risk management)
- Familiarity with FDA 21 CFR820 Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485 and 9001, and other Medical Device standards. Working knowledge of quality management systems and their interactions, especially those sections pertaining to Product and Process Controls.
- Problem-solving capabilities along with a process-focused perspective are essential. The successful candidate will require significant influence skills to drive progress beyond his or her departmental authority.
- Must possess excellent communication leadership and team building skills and have experience with multifunctional teams. They will have a strong customer orientation and strategic focus
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to distill complex strategy into simple actions, make decisions effectively, create focus and deliver results in a global environment.
- Must perceive change as an opportunity.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, little supervision and be a self-starter.
- Willingness to travel about 5-10% of time.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Skaneateles, NY 13153
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now