Industrial ElectricianReq # JR - 070105 Location Skaneateles Falls, New York, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 01/06/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Title: Industrial Electrician
Hours: Monday - Friday 6:45am to 3pm
In this role you will join the Skaneateles site’s team of skilled trades to install, maintain, tackle and repair industrial electrical equipment and infrastructure that is essential to Baxter’s success! The Skaneateles facility consists of 450,000 sq. ft. of clean, modern manufacturing productions, warehouses, offices, and labs committed to sales, production, and customer service for Baxter’s Welch Allyn family of medical devices!
- Perform maintenance & repair for all industrial/commercial building electrical systems: Lighting, Generators, HVAC Equipment, production equipment, controls, etc.
- Perform additional maintenance tasks as the need arises (construction, painting, cleaning, setup/teardown of events)
- Continuously improve safety by promptly identifying and addressing safety related issues
- Update assigned work through SAP, Including PMs and Work Orders
- Develop and update preventative maintenance procedures
- Interact with internal customers to review & schedule work as needed.
- Work directly with suppliers and contractors to support procurement of materials and services vital to support operations and maintenance activities
- Must have own hand tools, receive special tools provided by the company.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification.
- Journeyman status in the electrical trade.
- 5+ years as a commercial/industrial electrician.
- Ability and experience to work safely with various voltages, up to 480V.
- Proficient in all types of electrical construction, including bending rigid and EMT conduit.
- Expertise solving and repairing various electrical equipment/machinery.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction & make decisions
- Ability to read and interpret building electrical and mechanical drawings
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members, customers, leadership, and contractors
- Familiarity with safety programs, including, LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to work evenings, weekends, & be on-call as needed
- Comfortable to work from an elevated position using ladders or electric lifts
- Lift & carry 50lbs
- Basic digital literacy skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office
- Aligns with company policies including Environment/Health/Safety, 5S/Housekeeping, Compliance, and Quality.
- 2 year HVAC and /or Electrical Trade School, or Associates degree in Technical field preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in a facilities or industrial electrician role.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $41,500 to $120,000 and also includes an annual incentive bonus. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Skaneateles, NY 13153
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now