System SpecialistReq # JR - 025368 Location Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Job Category Information Technology Date posted 08/19/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This System Specialist position will act as a developer, primarily responsible for supporting the implementation of our SCADA & MES System in the Asia Pacific manufacturing facilities and providing 24/7 operations support for implemented systems. Specifically, the key accountabilities are:
a) SCADA & MES Operations support – to be responsible for supporting sites which have already implemented SCADA & MES, ensuring that the systems are effectively operating either independently or organizing support from either internal or external resource where needed.
b) Project support – to be a key member of a project team in supporting SCADA & MES implementation. This position will collaborate with plant IT, Engineering, manufacturing and quality staff in the design and implementation of SCADA & MES. Key responsibilities are in the development of software, design of the process control systems and that the systems interface correctly with other manufacturing systems.
c) Systems knowledge sustenance and transfer – to be responsible for providing mentorship and guidance to the local plant teams in ensuring that the implementation meets quality and production standards and requirements and ensuring that local plants team are trained and equipped to support basic system maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage the software development component of SCADA & MES focused projects and programs in Asia Pac region with special focus in SCADA systems (Citect).
2) Coordinate with other team members to drive standardization and regional best practices in manufacturing and supply chain IT programs, both in technology and approach.
3) Monitor the performance of the existing Citect system across appropriate run metrics (availability, tech performance, etc.) and take lead in reporting regionally and globally as needed and in coordination of appropriate issue resolution.
4) Translate business requirements to Citect software solutions.
5) Create functional designs, test scripts, and training documentation.
6) Assist in estimates of implementation project activities.
7) Provide product focused leadership for functional area assigned.
8) Understand SCADA/MES design and be able to write and supervise SCADA development process that aligns with the design.
9) Provide internal SME focused training.
10) Drive standardized business processes among manufacturing systems/functions to simplify business processes using industry experience.
11) Work closely with management to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, including translate needs to functional systems requirement documents and design specifications.
12) Manage overall testing process and project to within defined project plan timelines.
13) During Maintenance, Small Change and project work ensure all testing and validation requirements are performed.
Education and/or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering discipline
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain IT Operational experience desired
- Experience in SCADA/MES application in Pharmaceutical or Food Industry
- Understand SCADA/MES design and be able to write and supervise SCADA development process that aligns with the design.
- Provide internal SME focused training.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in Development of SCADA application projects
- Experience on PLC program monitoring/troubleshooting, familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC family will be an advantage
- Have basic understanding in Microsoft SQL Server with T-SQL coding
- Experience in programming languages Visual Basic, Visual C#, etc will be an advantage
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Can work independently as well as within multi-disciplinary teams
- Utilize outstanding time management skills
- Proven ability to manage software implementations across multiple, regional locations within Asia Pacific, with strong ability to interact effectively within a multidisciplinary and diverse team
- Effective interpersonal, technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Support manufacturing and supply chain leadership in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement
- Determine value assessment/business drivers for process improvement within manufacturing and supply chain IT
- English language proficiency a must
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.