Sr Mgr, Ethics and ComplianceReq # JR - 011515 Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Job Category Legal Date posted 12/27/2019
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
- Work closely with business team, and support implementation of overall ethics and compliance programs in assigned BU. Conduct daily consultation within the assigned BU/function. Be a strategic partner to be actively involved in the regional management meetings, and ensure that the compliance systems, processes and framework are effective and practical.
- Support the Greater China E&C Director to keep up to date on both internal and external changes in the regulatory and risk environments, and promptly identify the emerging and new compliance risks. Support the Greater China E&C Director to develop communication and risk management plans to address the changing risk environment. Support compliance risk assessments and monitor management risk mitigation plans in the region.
- Provide policy guidance to the assigned BU to ensure the business activities comply with the E&C policies. Gather feedback, provide inputs, and develop/improve regional policies and procedures when necessary to address additional regional needs. Ensure that these standards are clearly communicated and understood by the employees in the assigned BU.
- Support the Greater China E&C Director to develop and deliver compliance trainings. Work closely with the E&C team to build up and improve compliance awareness and buy-in at all levels of the organization and help to embed a strong compliance culture into the daily activities in the assigned BU.
- Through ongoing training and communication, ensure employees in the assigned BU are aware of: i) new policies, programs and procedures, ii) their responsibilities in identifying risks and escalating compliance concerns/questions in the right way and good faith.
- When applicable, lead to participate in regional/global compliance initiatives, where project management and presentation skill are needed.
- Bachelor Degree or above, legal degree/background is a plus or preferred.
- 8+ years experiences, with at intensive experiences in compliance. Legal or finance background is preferred. Experience in the Healthcare Industry is preferred. If the candidate’s experiences are below the above requirement, he/she should have high potential on compliance leadership and strong willingness to succeed in compliance roles.
- Substantive knowledge of Anti-Corruption legal and enforcement environment.
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Mandarin.
- Presentation, networking and influencing skills;
- Strong collaboration skills. Be able to work with all levels of staff.
- High standards of ethics and integrity.
- Confident in facing challenges and professionally tackle and manage conflicts, being resilient under high pressure.
- Proactive, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Passionate in supporting the organization’s commitment to a strong ethics & compliance culture.
- Be able to uphold high ethical standards with courage at all times.
- Some business-related travel required within the region.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.