Manager Supplier Development EngineeringReq # JR - 022343 Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Job Category Purchasing Date posted 09/03/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Manager of Supplier Development Engineering will partner closely with global and regional Directors and categories managers to lead and execute Supplier Development Engineering various strategic programs and initiatives in Asia Pacific region to advance suppliers performance in the area of quality, delivery and cost.
The critical aspects of the job are
Resolve technical issues threatening continuity of supply Proactively assess suppliers for new product development programs (capability, Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) Drive continuous improvements of Baxter’s supply base performance metrics, such as:quality, delivery (reliability, capacity), collaboration on cost reduction (kaizen workshops, cost models). Ensure operational alignment with Baxter manufacturing, business unit, procurement and supply chain organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Supplier Development Engineering, this highly visible role will also focus on implementing SDE strategic initiatives as we continue to transform the organization globally by driving our core values of speed, simplicity, courage, and collaboration. If you’re ready to make an impact within a fast paced, dynamic global environment this could be the perfect role for you!
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external suppliers/partners and internal stakeholders/customers (manufacturing operations, planning and fulfillment, quality, business units, engineering, etc.)promoting collaboration, diversity, and a cross-functional approach to solving business problems and driving business results
- Drive supply base improvement for respective Baxter manufacturing facilities in Asia Pacific (manufacturing plants or External Contract Manufacturers (ECM), including: systematically review supplier’s performance, propose continuous improvement activities, and work with suppliers to achieve process improvements to meet quality, delivery, and cost improvement targets.
- Identify the processes necessary to get things done, adheres to ethics and compliance, ability to simplify ways of working, and ability to management multiple projects simultaneously to drive efficient and effective work flow.
- Support the strategy planning and deployment process, metrics, governance and operating mechanisms.
- Lead and facilitate the resolution of critical supplier quality/capacity issues threatening continuity of supply to a Baxter manufacturing facility or External Contract Manufacturer. Drive supplier through containment, root cause analysis, corrective action, and implementation.
- Maintain alignment between supplier, Baxter’s manufacturing plant, engineering, supply chain, and broader procurement organization. Discern whether issues are supplier-caused, escalate issues (management reporting), and pursue cost recovery, where appropriate
Additional Responsibilities- Continued
- Coach supplier on key tools and methods, such as: root cause analysis, 5 Whys, MSA, Gage R&R, capability analysis, FMEA, control plan, tooling capacity, statistical process control charts, DMAIC, SCAR, PPAP, PAPA, Continuous Improvement.
- Distribute, assign and ensure completion of workstream responsibilities
- Identify supplier improvement opportunities, assess performance metrics, develop supplier (capabilities, capacity, etc.), and measure performance results (quality, delivery, capacity, cost improvement sharing, proactive risk reduction, etc.).
- Perform supplier capability assessments and/or audits, as related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean maturity. Publish audit and/or assessment reports outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, and work closely with suppliers to plan / implement appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Provide Supplier Development Engineering leadership on multiple New Product Development programs ensuring Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering for on-time PPAP submission approval with quality target encompassing all aspects of supplier readiness, such as: 100% on time PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), Capacity study/Run at Rate, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science field. Or 7 years equivalent work experience in quality, manufacturing and tooling
- At least 5 to 7 years of work experience in engineering, supplier quality, manufacturing, operational excellence and/or supplier development.
- Experience in plants operation is required. 3+ years in plants operation preferred.
- 2- 3 years of experience in supervising and managing a team of direct report preferred.
- Expertise in one or more discrete manufacturing operations employing plastics processing technology (e.g. extrusion, injection molding, automated assembly, electronics (PCBA, Sensors, cables, etc.))
- Strong command of quality systems methods and practices; ISO 13485, APQP, FMEA Control Plan, MSA & Run at Rate.
- Proven experience in technical problem solving, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes suing tools such as 8D, 5Whys, PDCA, and DMAIC. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt strongly preferred. Black Belt is a plus.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and exercise follow through skills, adhere to a work schedule and address challenges as they arise, maintaining a positive outlook.
- Ability to travel 25 ~ 55% both regionally and globally
- Proven professional, accurate, clear and concise communication and presentation skills.Excellent technical writing skill and ability to communicate well in English (both written and verbal) laterally and vertically.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.