Service Operations SupvReq # 22122016 Location Santa Clara, California, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 01/14/2022
Hillrom and Baxter have united, creating one of the world’s leading medical products companies. We are committed to our shared vision to transform healthcare. We're building on the legacy and strengths of two historically innovative and socially responsible companies that—when joined together—should better serve our patients, customers and communities. This is an exciting time to join us as we begin a new chapter, together.
No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You can expect to work with caring people who value relationships. Our teams are strong and empowered because we value differences. This is where you can do your best work and thrive in an international environment. This is where you can belong.
The Service Operations Supervisor reports to the Service Operations Manager and provides direct supervision, leadership, coaching, and daily direction for assigned service center. Site responsibility for training and performance in the areas of safety, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, achievement of key performance metrics and following all SOPs and work instructions for a technical and customer service focused team. Maintain and build effective relationships with customers and local sales team. Responsible for the achievement of revenue generation through service revenue targets and service contract renewals, achievement of set cost targets, customer satisfaction, associate development, and operational improvements for assigned location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Facilitate and attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and compliance.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Ensure safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up-to-date; ensure that standard work is followed.
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Ensure all assigned staff complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Supervise & Manage
- Select, train, and ensure optimum team performance.
- Create an environment that supports a diverse work group.
- Establish good working relationships with sales team, as well as with other departments, external customers and suppliers (Ensure cross-functional cooperation and success).
- Development of staff and self through regular meetings and one-to-one interfacing.
- Conduct annual APEX (performance) reviews to ensure performance expectations are set, monitored and executed.
- Maintain a high performance workforce.
- Execute change initiatives.
- Create environment for open, continuous and proactive communication.
- Exhibit excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Present and Train
- Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information to customers and co¬workers which may include:
- In-services to hospital staff and caregivers
- Product demonstrations
- Team meetings
- Feedback of field activities
- Cross training of coworkers to complete both service center and field functions
- Operational Results
- Direct responsibility for assigned site inventory accuracy.
- Ensure rapid and accurate work order completion.
- Demonstrate, instruct and ensure the strict compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and company policies.
- Monitor the implementation of all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Directly responsible for the achievement of all key and operational measures at assigned location.
- Prepare business cases to justify personnel or equipment requirements, and be involved in the acquisition of those requirements.
- Financial Results
- Direct responsibility for service revenue generation and compliance of service contract performance.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources and assets.
- Initiate and monitor all local expense controls.
- Ensure the appropriate utilization and optimal deployment of all parts and equipment.
- Customer Service
- Achieve customer satisfaction through related metrics.
- Work with sales team to present business reviews to customers as needed.
- Identify and resolve problems, effectively and expeditiously.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- In addition to the responsibilities above, the Service Operations Supervisor will at times be required to complete tasks and responsibilities outlined in the Field Service Technician job descriptions as the needs of the business require.
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- This job is a leadership role with management authority. The Service Operations Supervisor will lead the hiring process, performance management and has the ability to oversee work distribution and administer discipline to employees.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS/BA required
- Previous supervisory or team leadership experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with medical devices in a hands-on environment preferred
- Experience working with FDA regulated products preferred
- Ability to communicate vision and align staff performance; establish goals and standards for staff; build customer relationships; work as a team player with others; coach and develop staff; recognize and reward staff performance; and follow-up and follow through on commitments and self and staff work assignments
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company standards and state requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card required
- Schedule flexibility/on-call as required
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply technical information including but not limited to technical manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
- Effectively present information both verbal and written in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
- Must comply with Hill-Rom infection control policies
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now