BCU Assoc, MortgageReq # JR - 032139 Location San Diego, California Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 01/05/2021
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Improve member financial well-being by assessing first mortgage needs and recommending appropriate products, while also building member loyalty through world-class service.
- Thoroughly complete firstand secondmortgage(HELOC)loan applications by telephone and/or in person and support BCU’s internal origination channels (Service Centers, Consumer Loan Sales and Member Relations) with first mortgages; providing guidance regarding the entire loan process
- Ensure loan submissions are accurate and timely and provide appropriate feedback to the origination channels
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit reports and Fannie Mae guidelines to evaluate member overall credit/risk standing, perform needs assessment and identify competitor buyouts
- Consistently achieve monthly and annual sales and service goals, including phone queue service levels
- Apply current BCU lending fundamentals, policies and procedures, including Regulations B and Z,theHome Mortgage Disclosure Actand TRID
- Provide fundamental credit counseling to members, where appropriate and necessary
- Promote real estate agent referrals and home buying benefits by recommending BCU’s business partner, HOMEAdvantage realty services.
- Comply with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations related to mortgage loan origination
- Successfully complete all required registrations or certifications as needed.
College degree or equivalent experience required
Minimum of 3years mortgage lending experience
Thorough working knowledge of investor underwriting guidelines
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Familiarity with origination, processing and closing mortgage loans
Proficient in basic use of the Windows operating system, e-mail and the Internet
Strong communication, analytical, sales and telemarketing skills required
Skillful at prioritizing work and have the ability to perform in a fast paced environment
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.