Manager, Human ResourcesReq # JR - 054141 Location Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States Job Category Human Resources Date posted 01/04/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of the organization’s business model and organization dynamics and leads efforts to realign/refocus as needed
- Drives organization wide talent planning initiatives including profiling, assessment, calibration, development planning and succession planning
- Partners with the Plant Senior Leadership team to translate and ensure alignment to the vision.
- Partners with the HR Leadership and Plant Senior Leadership team to drive effective organizational alignment and processes to enable strong partnerships with key functions.
- Leads change management efforts in partnership with the Plant Senior Leadership team.
- Partners with the Plant Senior Leadership team to ensure leadership and team effectiveness.
- Partners with the Plant Senior Leadership team in establishing effective operating processes (i.e. prioritization, resource allocation processes).
- Provides executive coaching and development to senior leaders.
- Drives an effective reward and recognition strategy that reinforces the Best Place to Work culture and behaviors.
- Develops and implements measurement systems to determine the impact of HR programs.
- Provides coaching and consultation on employee relations issues.
- Proactively communicates HR policies, programs and employee information
- Supervises and mentors HR team members.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws affecting the employment relationship.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree required, HR discipline preferred.
- Prefer 5 years Human Resource in manufacturing experience; minimum requirement 5 years HR experience, 2 in generalist role
- Strong leadership and influence skills, and the ability to drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with management team and to coach and influence decision making of senior leaders.
- Strong project management skills and results orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to help define, translate and execute on an organization’s strategy
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Solid knowledge of HR strategies, practices and policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and HRIS applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
St Paul, MN 55114
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now