Supervisor I, Manufacturing 3rd ShiftReq # JR - 086117 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 04/27/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter:
The supervisor position is responsible for implementing and supervising daily activities in a specific production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (GMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply. May monitor and control labor.
What you'll be doing:
- The Production Supervisor is expected to provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards. Interview, hire, coach, motivate, develop and discipline staff.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records.
- Assist in release of product for distribution.
- Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Represent the Company during FDA inspections.
- Provide information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect / Responsiveness / Results.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
- A good understanding and/or hands-on familiarity with the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime when necessary is required.
- Candidate should not be allergic to PENICILLIN or the CEPHALOSPORINS.
- BS degree preferred in a scientific, engineering, or business discipline with 3 or more years of manufacturing experience, preferably in an FDA-controlled, aseptic, pharmaceutical environment. Plus 2 or more years related supervisory experience required.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $52,800 to $90,000 and also includes an annual incentive bonus. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now