Research Associate III - Chemical CharacterizationReq # JR - 019112 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Research and Development Date posted 04/02/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position will primarily be responsible for the analytical testing associated with chemical characterization studies performed in alignment with ISO 10993-18 for both the support of new and modified products. Additionally, the position may be responsible for the development, validation and transfer of analytical methods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analytical testing in support of chemical characterization studies.
- Support the execution of analytical plans for new product development and sustaining product projects.
- Collaborate with other functions such as project management, regulatory, engineering, manufacturing and quality control in project teams.
- Act as a study director for and execute method validation and transfer studies.
- Collaborate with Baxter external partners to ensure successful execution of analytical testing and study designs.
- Contribute to technical feasibility analysis of complex research and design concepts.
- Lead the analytical problem solving efforts to meet urgent business needs / project timelines.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant QSR and other regulatory requirements related to R&D (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
- In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of cGxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert advice and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
- Maintain focus on meeting both external and internal customer expectations.
- Bachelor degree in relevant scientific discipline (chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences) with 5-7 years’ experience or Masters’ degree with 3-5 years’ experience or PhD with 0-3 years’ experience.
- Experience with analytical testing, method development, validation and transfer.
- A good understanding of ICH, USP guidelines and cGxP practice.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with general chemistry techniques such as pH, UV, TOC, FTIR and NVR. Experience with advanced analytical techniques HS-GC, GC/MS, LC/MS or ICP-MS preferred. Exposure to Water’s Empower, Agilent Mass Hunter and other analytical instruments and software also desired.
- Ability to learn quickly and to solve problems in a timely manner using analytical chemistry skills.
- Possess relevant writing and computer skills.
- Ability to organize, assess and communicate complex information that engages the audience.
- Ability to make decisions when provided with limited information and to make routine decisions independently.
- Ability to design experiments and draw meaningful conclusions from lab data.
- Experience in working in global cross-functional teams and project management is a plus.
- Quality oriented.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to work in a team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.