Quality Laboratory Associate IIIReq # JR - 019376 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Quality Control Date posted 04/03/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Conduct biological, chemical and physical analyses on pharmaceutical products and medical devices through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw materials to finished goods, and environmental monitoring programs. Write and execute validations for manufacturing processes and laboratory instruments and methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct biological, chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from the environmental monitoring programs and Baxter manufacturing facility.
- Write and execute validations for manufacturing processes and laboratory instruments and methods.
- May serve as mentor to other Quality Laboratory positions. Provide training and work direction for Quality Laboratory Associate II positions as required. Manage work flow and laboratory release functions in specified laboratory areas and on off shifts.
- Perform review of test data, which includes overall documentation practices. Perform release functions in LIMS or other computerized systems.
- Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Perform advanced laboratory assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of scientific principles.
- Work on special projects / protocol testing that involves new methods and instrumentation. Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations. Investigate deviations and write exception documents.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings, improve quality and provide new product support.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update, as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required. Troubleshoot
- and resolve instrument problems.
- Experience in BOTH Chemistry and Microbiology Lab
- Proficient in advanced wet and instrumental methods of analyses.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and subordinates.
- Strong leadership, organization and time management skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in ability to train others, empowerment, results oriented and task completion.
- Decision-making and technical problem solving ability is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or biological science with minimum of 5 years experience, or Masters Degree in Chemistry or biological science with 1-4 years experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.