Quality Lab Associate II 2nd ShiftReq # JR - 021422 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Quality Control Date posted 06/19/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
***Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin drugs.***
Performs environmental surface and air testing, critical system testing, sterility testing, pyrogen testing, solution and device bioburden testing and microbiological identifications in compliance with all standard operating procedures including GDP, GMP, GLP and safety procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for compiling monthly and quarterly trending reports, performing routine laboratory prep work, writing and performing microbiological investigations, writing exception reports and performing microbiological qualifications of equipment.
- Conduct critical biological, chemical and physical analysis on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from the environmental monitoring programs at the Round Lake manufacturing facility.
- Work under minimum supervision.
- Serve as mentor to Quality Laboratory Associate (QLA) I positions.
- Provide training and work direction for QLA I positions as required.
- Perform review of test data, which includes overall documentation practices.
- Perform release functions in LIMS or other computerized systems.
- Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data.
- Perform advanced biological and chemical assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update , as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices is preferred.
- Advanced laboratory skills with basic knowledge of statistical method.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion.
- Computer literate.
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in ability to train others, empowerment, leadership, results orientation and task completion.
- This is a second shift position
- Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin drugs.
- Bachelor degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or biological science with 2 – 4 years experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.