Quality Lab Associate I, 3rd ShiftReq # JR - 026385 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Quality Control Date posted 09/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
***Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin drugs.***
3rd Shift - Sunday-Wednesday 10 hour shifts.
Conduct critical biological, chemical, and physical analysis on raw materials; initial, in-process and final products; and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at the Round Lake Drug Delivery facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Perform advanced assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
- Review and approve laboratory paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
- Investigate deviations and write exception documents.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update, as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
- Work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion.
- Computer literate. Must be detail oriented, conscientious and have high reading comprehension skills.
- Must have basic understanding of laboratory instrumentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- This is a 3rd Shift Position
- Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin drugs.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or a biological science with 0 – 2 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.