Project/Process Dev Spec, OpExReq # JR - 023338 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 07/01/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person will drive OpEx deployment at the plant. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Drive OpEx program deployment at the site
- Work closely with the site management to assist the site in their continuous improvement journey
- Drive site level OpEx deployment plan including EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, iCare and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with site leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, etc.)
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- Certified SIx Sigma Green Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 3 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin drugs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.