Production Operator, Mix 2nd ShiftReq # JR - 034727 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 03/10/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Summary: This position is responsible for performance of tasks related to drug formulation, weighing raw materials, cleaning mix complex, tanks and equipment, distilled water sanitization, filter integrity testing and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up equipment
- Build and perform integrity testing on all production sterilizing filters
- Make process adjustments in accordance with GMP’s and Plant Procedures
- Responsible for in-process inspections and all related documentation in accordance to specifications
- Prepare raw materials for mixing, including verification of lot numbers and weights
- Perform additional tasks related to drug formulation, including cleaning the mix complex, tanks and equipment calibration, distilled water sanitation and documentation necessary for traceability according to specifications and procedures
- Take batch samples with corresponding batch record to laboratory for testing and quality using aseptic techniques
- Maintain area housekeeping
- Perform drop sanitization
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime may be required
Work Environment: Must be able to work with pressurized equipment, work in -25o to 80o F room temperature, work with hot surfaces and work in a wet environment. Must also be able to work with chemicals and drug compounds.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the operation of multiple types of equipment related to the mix operation as well as hand operated equipment, but not limited to, such things as calipers, scales, gauges, and other measuring devices.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate the proficiency in reading of gauges, blueprints, pressurized systems, calibrated cylinders and templates.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required, experience in GMP Manufacturing environment preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. A high level of independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include escalating issues to supervision, releasing of product, scheduling, etc. This person must have the ability to work independently, and the ability to evaluate appropriate resources for problem resolution. Resources used may include supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s and manuals.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/30 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Frequent lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of up to 65 pounds.
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping, squatting, and climbing of step/ladders.
- Frequent movement of the hands and wrist and have the ability to reach up and out
- Wear a respirator
- Work in confined spaces
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Work with pressurized equipment, hot surfaces
Additional Requirement: Final candidate for Production Operator Mix will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of a job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.