Production Batch Mixer - 2nd Shift (BENEFITS STARTING DAY ONE)Req # JR - 088126 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 03/13/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Summary: This position is responsible for performance of tasks related to drug formulation, weighing raw materials, cleaning, mixing sophisticated tanks and equipment, distilled water sanitization, filter integrity testing and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up equipment
- Build and perform integrity testing on all production sterilizing filters
- Make process adjustments in accordance with GMP’s and Plant Procedures
- Responsible for in-process inspections and all related documentation in accordance to specifications
- Prepare raw materials for mixing, including verification of lot numbers and weights
- Perform additional tasks related to drug formulation, including cleaning the mix complex, tanks and equipment calibration, distilled water sanitation and documentation necessary for traceability according to specifications and procedures
- Take batch samples with corresponding batch record to laboratory for testing and quality using aseptic techniques
- Maintain area housekeeping
- Perform drop sanitization
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime may be required
Work Environment: Must be able to work with pressurized equipment, work in -25o to 80o F room temperature, work with hot surfaces and work in a wet environment. Must also be able to work with chemicals and drug compounds.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job optimally, an individual must be able to perform each crucial duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Good social skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the operation of multiple types of equipment related to the mix operation as well as hand operated equipment, but not limited to, such things as calipers, scales, gauges, and other measuring devices.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate the proficiency in reading of gauges, blueprints, pressurized systems, calibrated cylinders and templates.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required, experience in GMP Manufacturing environment preferred.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary pay rate of $25.60 an hour. The pay rate is based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to align with vital SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. A high level of independent decision making and responsiveness is vital for this position and may include bringing up issues to supervision, releasing of product, scheduling, etc. This person must have the ability to work independently, and evaluate appropriate resources for problem resolution. Resources used may include supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s and manuals.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/30 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Frequent lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of up to 65 pounds.
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping, squatting, and climbing of step/ladders.
- Frequent movement of the hands and wrist and have the ability to reach up and out
- Wear a respirator
- Work in confined spaces
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Work with pressurized equipment, hot surfaces
Additional Requirement: Final candidate for Production Operator Mix will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of a job.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition to employment, pursuant to OSHA ETS requirements. If the employee is not vaccinated, then the employee will have to submit to weekly testing, subject to potential religious or medical exemptions.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now