Mgr I,PurchasingReq # JR - 027274 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Purchasing Date posted 09/11/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position will focus on leading the purchasing operations support within the RLDD (Round Lake Drug Delivery) plant. It will require close interactions with the plant, operations and business teams. Activities include but are not limited to: Leading efforts to achieve VIP (Value Improvement Project) and PPV (Purchase Price Variation) cost saving goals for the plant. Optimizing supplier relationships while maximizing value and ensuring uninterrupted product/service flow. Developing project plans and managing projects to implement short and long-term sourcing strategies for procurement categories. Directly responsible for development of supplier relations and management of individuals and programs to affect total cost efficiencies. Responsible for creating innovative techniques and providing new tools for use in maximizing value of the procurement supply chain. Interfaces regularly with PSM (Purchasing and Supplier Management), Business, Operations and Supply Chain leaders as well as related management functions to ensure functional objectives and overall company goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute sourcing strategies, deliver continuity of supply, and deliver VIP savings at or above targets. Expertise working with or in a plant location and with medical manufacturing suppliers is strongly preferred.
- Develop and manage working relationships with both internal Baxter functions and suppliers to manage resolution of supplier issues.
- Drive standardization and efficiency improvements across the plant purchasing teams; ensure policies, processes and procedures are being followed. Share successes and areas for improvement across other plants within the PSM team.
- Provide input to sourcing strategies and develop internal/supplier relationships that extract maximum value from the current and potential supplier base. Ensure that local purchasing practices and strategies are continuously challenged and refined.
- Lead supplier selection process and negotiate contracts to support the Business Units and local plants. Develop actionable recommendations based on a clear definition and articulation of options and tradeoffs; develops action plans that anticipate implementation problems and leverages internal and supplier capabilities while building full commitment throughout the process.
- Works with manager to establish annual goals, development plans and long range objectives from a professional and business perspective.
- Monitor category and/or supplier spending, both in aggregate and via patterns/cycles, and continuously evaluate options to reduce total cost of ownership. Must obtain an in depth understanding of supplier’s capabilities, capacity and overall financial stability.
- Continuously evaluate and assess supplier performance reports consistent with agreed to requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery targets
- Stimulate and support product innovation; develop market intelligence and benchmarking; act as subject matter expert in commodity and supplier market dynamics; proactively identify new markets and supplier sources.
- Drive implementation of the Baxter Supplier Quality Standard and develop strong, ethical relationships with world-class suppliers consistent with Baxter Shared Values and Baxter's Business Practice Standard for Suppliers.
- Manages analysis of complex problems related to suppliers and continuity of supply requiring in-depth analysis of supplier management principles.
- Utilizes a network of benchmarking peers to drive for Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Create purchase orders in Coupa ordering system
- Create purchase orders in GME system
- Trouble shoot Coupa order issues
- Aid in resolution of payment issues
- Collaborate with Engineering and R&D teams in new product development
- Assist in creation of capital expenditure requests and business cases
- Order and manage PPE and other indirect purchases for the site
- Manage, track and report KPI’s during daily Tier meetings
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.