Material Handler III Sat-Wed 10-6:30pmReq # JR - 022384 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 06/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position receives, locates and issues raw materials as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). It is also responsible for locating, moving, pulling, packing and loading of frozen products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All warehouse related equipment operation (i.e. box lifter, truck, reefer, bailer, etc.)
- Ability to interpret procedures
- Problem solving abilities
- Computer knowledge
- Truck driving (i.e. fork lift, walkie rider, straight truck and tractor trailer on site)
- Unload trucks, receiving, locating, picking, releasing, P.O. inquiry, packing slip processing, and delivery of production and MRO items
- Maintenance and repair of some warehouse equipment
- Perform monthly inventory cycle counts as requested by scheduling
- Misc. facility requests (i.e. moving furniture or equipment, delivering copy paper, etc.) and light building maintenance (i.e. painting)
- Locate, transport and build finished good loads for shipment. Included in this is the dropping of batches for retentions and moving from unreleased to released inventory
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime required
Work Environment: Work in frozen environment (-25oC) up to five hours per day, remainder of time temperature fluctuates between 40oF and 105oF
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label and directional insert dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the responsibility for dispositioning periods of product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work, releasing of product and evaluation of the appropriate person to ask for assistance when determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s and manuals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license and valid license to operate forklifts. Be willing to obtain Class C license.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/40 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Frequent lifting up to 70 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds or greater
- Constant bending, twisting, reaching and grasping
- Frequent kneeling, squatting and wrist turning
- Occasional crawling, climbing and pinching
Needs to hear at least 25 Db in 5
Candidate should not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporins
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.