Manufacturing Technician IV - Team LeadReq # JR - 014360 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 03/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Manufacturing team leaders perform various functions in ensuring production processes run efficiently and effectively. Below are the key duties individuals holding the position are usually required to complete by employers in many manufacturing firms:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards
- Check finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use
- Keep records of workers performance
- Keep records of equipment, budgets, deliveries, and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation
- Create work schedule for workers and ensure that they strictly adhere to it; take attendance to ensure regularity and promptness of workers to duty
- Work as middleman between workers and management to create healthy communication
- Develop production schedule for the execution of projects in a timely manner
- Ensure that work materials are present as at when needed.
Basic mechanical works experience
- Must be safety cautious
- Strong ability to motivate, lead, and give directions to team members
- Have good time management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively with all members of the team from various backgrounds
- Solid knowledge of machine capabilities and manufacturing and metallurgical processes
- Exceptional ability to read, understand, and interpret production blueprints accurately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate with team members and the management
- Excellent organizational skills and profound ability to schedule multiple activities and resources for efficient and effective utilization
- Solid knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement practices and procedures
- Strong experience with machining or/and manufacturing process
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.