Galaxy Maintenance SupervisorReq # JR - 022105 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Galaxy Maintenance Supervisor oversees the proper operation and maintenance of all mixing, filling and packaging equipment in the Galaxy manufacturing cells. The supervisor controls the day-to-day management of people and resources associated with the equipment maintenance organization. Embraces Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), drives a Lean culture and coordinates activities to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) in a cost-effective and efficient manner. The supervisor spends time managing employees, planning for productivity, and performing quality assurance evaluations. Develops and enforces standard operating procedures, and ensures equipment is kept clean and running properly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and supervising daily maintenance across multiple manufacturing cells in support of 24/7 operations.
- Lead and manage a team of up to 35 maintenance technicians.
- Coordinates preventative and planned maintenance activities to maintain a 100% on-time completion record.
- Interviews, hires, trains, coaches, motivates, develops, recognizes and manages performance of direct reports.
- Ensures alignment of maintenance priorities and resources to evolving business needs.
- Coordinates with manufacturing and engineering to schedule planned downtime of equipment.
- Assist with spare part analysis and inventory development.
- Assist in the installation, startup and preparation of documentation for new equipment.
- Technically identifies and supports equipment optimization through equipment design improvements, changes to operating procedures and maintenance activities.
- Works directly with engineers to implement corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems with production equipment.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness and ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times.
- Performs written documentation and regulatory record keeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Identify, initiate and facilitate lean manufacturing activities and initiatives, such as 6S, visual management, kaizen events.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software (Maximo or similar CMMS).
- Experience and aptitude for redesign and modification to enhance equipment performance.
- Experience managing Preventative Maintenance (PM) program and leading continuous improvement initiatives including development of new PMs and optimizing existing PMs.
- Experience implementing and managing TPM program.
- Ability to lead large maintenance projects, complete on time and within budget.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, flowcharts, process and instrumentation diagrams, and/or other technical documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to expand knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Accountable for onboard training and continuous training of maintenance technicians to increase their knowledge base.
- Proven track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Availability to support equipment maintenance needs for 24/7 operations.
Education and/or Experience
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.
- Associates degree or equivalent training/experience required, Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment including minimum 3 years' experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electro-mechanical systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment, including ability to investigate and author NCR and CAPA.
- Experience with aseptic manufacturing preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Strong troubleshooting, decision making, project management and leadership skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience with safety regulations including Lockout/Tagout, Confined Spaces, Arc Flash, Machine Guarding, etc.
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six-Sigma tools, Lean/Six-Sigma Green Belt preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.