Galaxy Equipment Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Sun-ThuReq # JR - 041384 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 09/20/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of maintenance support for all equipment in the Galaxy filling process. This includes maintaining equipment in all areas of the Mix, Fill and Finishing complexes at the Drug Delivery and Penicillin facilities. This position ensures manufacturing lines are well maintained and ready to run during planned production time. This requires providing on time PM completion, constant monitoring during production to spot and solve issues before they affect production. Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. It is customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns. Must become familiar with corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP. Must adhere to all plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of plant safety. The successful candidate will drive innovation and continuous improvement, able to work independently and closely with manufacturing, engineering and quality groups to resolve issues. This position will support Sr. Field Service Technicians and Lead Maintenance Technicians with scheduling and timely PM completion. Out of town travel may be required to attend seminars, visit equipment vendors or other Baxter facilities. This position requires lifting up to 100 pounds on a periodic basis. Walking and traveling between Drug Delivery and Penicillin buildings throughout all seasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A Maintenance Technician requires little supervision to accomplish his/her objectives. This individual looks for ways to improve their knowledge and skill set through additional training. Take a proactive role in safe work practices and lead by example. Point out unsafe conditions and practices to others and support the C2S initiative. This shift is Sunday thru Thursday, 3:00PM-11:30PM.
Understand corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP.
- Experience with energy management, conservation and sustainability projects
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with manufacturing to reduce down time.
- Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs on time.
- Build and rebuild machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision, manufacturing, and management per the plant’s Stop and Fix guidelines.
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency. Ensure proper and timely completion of related documentation.
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems, breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue. Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Maintenance Technician will share knowledge and train less experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM’s associated with the RLD and RLN facilities.
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from Lead technicians and engineering assistance when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required training.
- Prior experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Develop strong troubleshooting skills.
- Develop a good understanding of programmable logic controllers.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is imperative.
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a plus
- 3 or more years manufacturing systems experience preferred
- 2 or more years of manufacturing systems experience with Associates degree
- 1 or more years of manufacturing systems experience with a Bachelor’s degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now