Finishing Line Lead 3rd shift M-FReq # JR - 021185 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor, this position is responsible for the execution of activities in the production area to ensure production continuity. The incumbent investigates and resolves manufacturing issues, using existing procedures. He/She may initiate minor revisions to existing documents. On a daily basis interaction takes place with the production floor employees to provide direction and guidance for job assignments, clarification of production issues, training and department scheduling issues.
**Candidates must not be Allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin drugs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the continuity of local manufacturing operations within a given manufacturing unit, including the operation of equipment within a given production area. Accurately complete relevant paperwork following Good Documentation Practices / Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines. Responsible for reviewing and approving batch and systems documentation. Serve as a floor level point of escalation for manufacturing issues. Investigate and resolve issues, escalating to appropriate resources as necessary. Coordinate department scheduling and staffing. Organize daily job responsibilities for others in the department. Coach floor level employees to utilize Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, Job-specific training materials, Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure the safety of our patients and employees and the manufacture of quality product. Assist in training new employees and implementing procedural changes. Supply components, small parts, equipment, tubing, etc. to production areas. Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary. Help to advance a Continuous Improvement culture, by utilizing existing tools and processes.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to utilize good interpersonal skills to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices regulations. Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to: Mixing, Filling, Finishing, and Clean-In-Place / Steam-In-Place.
- Knowledge of basic chemical procedures.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires AA degree with 2-4 years’ experience or high school diploma with 4-6 years of related manufacturing experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.