Associate Galaxy Maintenance TechnicianReq # JR - 074723 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 07/12/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing an entry level of maintenance support for all packaging equipment in the Galaxy packaging process. This includes maintaining Downstream Automated Packaging (DAP) equipment at the Drug Delivery and Penicillin facilities. This position ensures manufacturing lines are well maintained and ready to run during planned production time. This requires providing on time PM completion, constant monitoring during production to spot and solve issues before they affect production. Provide an entry level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems. It is customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns. Must become familiar with corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP. Must adhere to all plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of plant safety. The successful candidate will drive innovation and continuous improvement, able to work independently and closely with manufacturing, engineering, and quality groups to resolve issues. This position will support Galaxy Maintenance Technicians, Senior Galaxy Maintenance Technicians and Lead Maintenance Technicians with scheduling and timely PM completion. Out of town travel may be required to attend seminars, visit equipment vendors or other Baxter facilities. This position requires lifting to 100 pounds on a periodic basis. Walking and traveling between Drug Delivery and Penicillin buildings throughout all seasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An Associate Maintenance Technician requires little supervision to accomplish his/her objectives. This individual looks for ways to improve their knowledge and skill set through additional training. Take a proactive role in safe work practices and lead by example. Point out unsafe conditions and practices to others and support the C2S initiative. This shift is variable based on Apprenticeship Requirements.
Understand corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP.
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with manufacturing to reduce downtime.
- Provide an entry level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs on time.
- Build and rebuild DAP machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision, manufacturing, and management per the plant’s Stop and Fix guidelines.
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency. Ensure proper and timely completion of related documentation.
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems, breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue. Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Associate Maintenance Technician will strive to gain knowledge and training from more experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM’s associated with the RLD and RLN facilities.
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from experienced technicians and/or engineers as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required training.
- Basic ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to develop strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to develop a good understanding of programmable logic controllers.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Capable of using MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is imperative.
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D required.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now