Analyst, LogisticsReq # JR - 026620 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 09/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for coordinating the development of all shipments, including raw materials for manufacturing support, intermediates (WIP) and finished goods, with domestic and international transportation suppliers. In addition, responsible for the management and execution of all shipping documentation with an emphasis on adherence to U.S. export law to satisfy customer requirements of Baxter's international subsidiaries. Function also includes support activities such as data analysis, report generation, system maintenance and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Manage logistics pipeline between supplier and customer through manipulating and analyzing raw data from numerous sources.
2. Control logistics process and develop strategies to ensure timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
3. Examine effectiveness of strategies by weighing the tradeoff between speed of delivery and cost of transportation.
4. Educate and consult with customers to increase service, meet expectations, and encourage developing markets through open communications and by developing trusting relationships.
5. Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional, cross-business initiatives.
6. Understand and enforce the compliance of departments such as: US department of Commerce, FDA, DOT as it pertains to the transportation of goods domestically and internationally.
7. Support continuous improvement initiatives.
8. Assists in the development of policies and procedures
9. Summarizes data for use in reports to business units
10. Analyzes data to provide support for special projects
11. Continuously audits internal systems to ensure compliance
12. Assemble information, analyze, verify, and make recommendations on corrective actions, as necessary
13. Produces and analyzes reports utilizing appropriate software. Summarizes pertinent data for review by management.
1. Ability to operate in the complex, international matrixed environment.
2. Motivated individual who is self-starter and can assimilate quickly
3. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently while collaborating within a team.
4. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Strong PC computer skills (Word, Excel, etc).
Education and/or Experience.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
Experience in below systems strongly preferred:
- ERP (i.e. JDE)
- Analytics & Reporting platforms
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.