Senior Regional Marketing Manager, Clinical NutritionReq # JR - 029557 Location Roma, Lombardy Alternate Location : Dublin; Warsaw, Masovian; Guyancourt; Munich, Bavaria; Sintra, Lisbon; Utrecht; Newbury, Berkshire; Neo Irakleio, Attiki Job Category Marketing Date posted 11/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The purpose of this role (SENIOR REGIONAL MARKETING MANAGER) is to operate solidly within the WEU Clinical Nutrition vertical structure alongside other regional stakeholders such as Medical/Clinical, Finance, Training & Education, Comm Ex, Supply Chain, R&D, RA, Market Access, CoE Digital Marketing, GPR, etc as well as the CN GBU team to ensure that Baxter’s European sales representatives have a clear direction plus effective and digital tools/programs with which they can approach healthcare professionals/payers in this new
virtual setting of more remote working to provide Baxter Clinical Nutrition offerings. Regional Marketing partners with countries to enable commercial execution excellence to accelerate profitable sales.
Specifically, the regional Marketing team works customer centric driving the customer experience which enables the overall quality growth of Clinical Nutrition in WEU. The team portrays a mindset that puts the customer first, continually builds new assets and capabilities, manages new digital campaigns, marketing automation and analytics (like CRM or other business intelligence data). The regional team spearheads the European Segmentation Framework and the drives the direction for the regional clinical focus areas, the
team guides the development of country commercial execution plans (traditional and digital) to further grow Baxter’s CN business considering pricing challenges, austerity measures, generic or other competitive entries
or market saturation. Regional Marketing uses market and competitive knowledge, defines the persona of different regional focused market segments, understands the related customer journey (exposure) and works with extensive message maps to address that segment persona via an omni-channel approach.
Furthermore, the Sr regional marketing manager looks for effective representation of the region with the GBU to realize the potential in Europe; liaising as a strong interface to make the European voice and costumers needs heard (VOC); ensures development of a common customer orientated view regarding “what matters to be successful” going forward in the European market space.
Travel expected for 30-40% of the time, within Europe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Outstanding WEU region market support in execution of projects and improvement to the European business model:
- Regionally independently owns and leads major revenue generating product lines from the CN WEU product portfolio: acts as regional product owner with full responsibility and accountability, single person of contact
- Co-owns the European segmentation framework with other regional team and drives related assigned clinical focus areas across the region incl message maps in omni-channel approach.
- Ensures alignment to the outlined regional Clinical Nutrition strategy leveraging the upsides per portfolio strength to ensure optimized penetration and profitability.
- Puts the customer first, continually builds new assets and capabilities, manages new digital campaigns, marketing automation and analytics (like CRM or other business intelligence data).
- Spearheads product launches and their execution within region (identify risks, opportunity capture, capability gaps) and works in close collaboration with GBU, countries and comm ex. Helps countries to execute positioning and messaging.
- Consolidates VOC and market intelligence and articulates back to regional leadership and GBU with a consistent message
- Shares best practice from market to market to drive profitable revenue growth
- Analyses regional business performance and provides recommendations for corrective actions in specific product performance in given markets
- Supports quality growth of key revenue generators in WEU region with specific focus on remote selling and driving product penetration, routine-use as well as new product introduction with digital formats leveraging its strong differentiation. Helps ensure best of class launch execution.
- Guides countries in development of the annual commercial BaxP plan that is aligned to the regional segmentation framework.
- Coordinates and executes regional events as Mkt lead (example congresses, iCAN, Symposia, CoE, Lunch & Learns etc)
- Ensures adherence to pricing strategies for assigned product lines.
- Serves as key interface with the GBU for product lines, pipeline and business development. Understands customer/market dynamics and trends to provide voice of customers’ unmet needs.
- Is aware of the Ethic & Compliance rules and Crisis Management at Baxter to be able to act accordingly.
- University degree: Master’s/ PhD degree, MBA is a plus
- Ideally 10 years marketing/sales experience with demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales. Background in strategic planning and business development helpful.
- Preferably training and experience in Digital Marketing with performance history
- Solid knowledge of the pharma (medical device) sector - generics/oncology experience highly desired (experience in medical nutrition sector most welcome)
- Analytical skills with business acumen: Strong strategic thinking coupled with strong execution skills
- Top communicator, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills as well as critical thinking & project management skills cross-culturally
- Proven track record of operating successfully in a matrix, cross functionally and in geographically disperse team environment
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change, to manage and succeed in ambiguity
- Knowledge in various of the following disciplines: Market Research, Segmentation, Targeting and Messaging, Digital & Interactive Marketing, Brand Management, Pricing and Value Messaging, Decision Analytics, Executing Strategic Plans
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.